Are you in a sorority? Do you ever wish you would have pledged?

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 11:11 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I never tried to pledge. The college I got my BA from started letting the Greek societies in the year before I graduated. A friend applied and was denied even though she met every single one of the qualifications of the specific sorority she'd applied to--she was overweight and that was the only difference between her and those that were accepted. I had already, before that, developed a stereotype in my mind about sororities and fraternities. Still, I met a girl my senior year that was in one and shattered all of my stereotypes (well, except the thin and blonde one, lol). I'm a member of an Honor Society, which, like sororities, has Greek symbols and comradeship and such, but no partying involved.
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 9:05 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I didn't go directly to a university after HS so no, but thinking about my personality in and straight out of HS I doubt I would have even if I had gone. In a different life, maybe I would have. I don't wish that I had though.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:14 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• No---I didn't think I would be happy hanging around with a bunch of girls who think alike and dress alike and date the guys from a fraternity that is their "match".....not my thing. I wanted to choose my own friends and date the guys I wanted to date,not the ones the sorority approved. WHo wants to hang out with a bunch of girls anyway? Not me.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:16 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I was in a sorority...i enjoyed it
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 11:21 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• No and No. I had friends in sororities, but I never wanted to do that.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 11:30 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Uh. No. I had the opportunity when my room mates wanted to pledge and decided it wasn't for me. Sometimes too many females in one place turns into nothing but a bitchfest. I can honestly say that I am very happy I decided against it.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 11:30 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• No, when I was in college I was focusing more on school and work. Wouldn't have had time for one anyways.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:37 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• No and no not something that appealed to me
    EJKZ

Answer by EJKZ at 12:02 AM on May. 1, 2011

• No and no.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 12:20 AM on May. 1, 2011

• I did pledge and wish I hadn't It isn't for everyone though my mom thought it was.....
    got2boyztoo

Answer by got2boyztoo at 12:35 AM on May. 1, 2011