Do girls?

Do girls typically slow down in growth or stop growing once they start their period? My daughter is almost 12 and is getting close to starting. she is a little over 5 feet. About how much more do you think she will grow? I know everybody is different and I can't remember with me, LOL.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:22 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• My kid is 14 and I think she just stopped growing. She is 5 ft 8 inches!
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 11:28 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Ironic, but someone was just talking about this today and said that her pediatrician said something about 3 years max growth after girls begin their cycle. I have not checked to see the relevance behind the statement.
    f1tmama

Answer by f1tmama at 11:31 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• On the average they stop growing 2 years after they start menstruating.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:33 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Both of my girls started their periods at age 11 (5th grade). Oldest DD stopped growing in 8th grade at age 14 and she is now 5' 7 1/2''.

Youngest DD is 13 right now and I'm pretty sure she's done growing. She hasn't grown any in the past year. She is 5' 3''.

I started mine at age 8, 2nd grade. I stopped growing in 4th grade at 5' 5 1/2''.
    ZBandMom

Answer by ZBandMom at 1:11 AM on May. 1, 2011

• I agree with PPs, it's about 2 years of growing after the first period
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 10:38 PM on May. 5, 2011