Breastmilk

im having a supply problem and cant get my supply up i have done it all and medical help as well and fighting so hard to make it work im really at aloss for wht to do and i have a friend thats is so kind and is pumping her self crazy to pretty much feeding two babies and im so blessed to hav her in my in my life but i so badly want to just be able to do it myself what can i do?

i have taken every pill and supplement known to man, eat oatmeal, drink 20 oz every time i feed or pump, pump for 30 mins after feedin my DS, sleep well idk what else to do!

mommy2bee12-27

Asked by mommy2bee12-27 at 11:28 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Sorry i couldn't help. Never Breast Feed. Will Bump it up tho!
    Mommyof2Munkins

Answer by Mommyof2Munkins at 11:33 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• There is a perscript. your OB can give you to help jump start thing , I am having trouble recalling the name thoguh, you may be able to google it.
    mamallamaof2

Answer by mamallamaof2 at 11:38 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Give your child what you can and if you need to supplement with formula then do that. Just keep working at it!
    blueberry1

Answer by blueberry1 at 11:49 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• i have a script for domperdione!
    mommy2bee12-27

Comment by mommy2bee12-27 (original poster) at 11:50 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• There is a wonderful breastfeeding group here on cafemom, they are the most active bf site here. Join and ask, so many mommies on there that have had so many experiences. Have you talked to a Lactation consultant?
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 12:14 AM on May. 1, 2011

• http://www.cafemom.com/group/325

this is the group.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 12:16 AM on May. 1, 2011

• What a wonderful friend! As generous as she is, and although it is a great alternative, it may be hurting your supply to supplement with her milk because your baby gets her milk instead of demanding it from your body.

First, how do you know you weren't making enough milk? Was the baby not having enough wet diapers? I just hope that you aren't using the pump to gauge your supply, because some women have a really difficult time letting down for a pump and get nothing from them when their supply is fine. Also, if you are feeling like you are not as "full" that could be your body adjusting the supply to your baby's demand...and if your baby is "on you" all the time, you might just be experiencing a growth spurt, and that helps you adjust your supply.

Maybe you could try some of the yeast shakes that you can find recipes for online? I know that when I have a beer when I am lactating, the next morning I am practically engorged
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:17 AM on May. 1, 2011

• I couldnt hve said it better Mom-2-3-girlz! You definatly know what yout tlking about :)
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 12:48 AM on May. 1, 2011

• I was told to take "fenugreek" its really supposed to help your production. try it if you havent, it just an herb sold over the counter
    KiraStadnik

Answer by KiraStadnik at 1:16 AM on May. 1, 2011

• Mommy 2-3 is right... if your baby isn't getting enough you and your health providers would most likely be able to tell... not enough growth or wet diapers are signs... for me I also fallowed all the instructions but still couldn't really pump extra and I was worried the baby wasn't getting enough but as it turned out my body was producing what my baby was demanding and she is extremely healthy... it was hard not having the extra milk but I got enough for an emergency... it was more demanding but it was well worth it... I would try to feed as much as you can and put your friends milk on reserve... your production will slow down if you don't feed as much... also try La Lache they are great and have a 24 hour 800 hot line...
    AyamiLove

Answer by AyamiLove at 1:28 AM on May. 1, 2011