Maternity Essentials

So what would be essential for a SAHM of a 9 month old? So cheap(my definition of this is 30$ or less) and easy to move in is a priority. I only have a dress from last time because I had such a small bump I was still just wearing my pants unbuttoned till like 8 months, but I just have a feeling that I won't be able to do that this time.

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 11:29 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in General Parenting

• Belly Bands or a generic there of. Dresses are easy as well.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:30 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• Belly band. Stretch pants.
    Try good will if that doesn't bother you.
    Our has Maternity, Not sure if all of them do tho.
    Mommyof2Munkins

Answer by Mommyof2Munkins at 11:31 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I would look for a couple pairs of maternity jeans. Maybe one jean and one khaki. Then get several tops and mix and match. Most Goodwills have a decent maternity selection.
    JeanetteRene

Answer by JeanetteRene at 11:34 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I second the belly band idea. They really help you extend the life of your regular clothes. It is kind of looks like a really elastic tube top that goes over the top of your regular pants when you wear them unzipped to hold them up and make them smooth and comfortable. I also got a few decent 3/4 sleeved shirts (but that is because I was going to be pregnant across seasons and hope to use them again), and I have gouchos that I have worn that are not maternity throughout my pregnancy.

Definitely try goodwill to see what they have first.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:09 AM on May. 1, 2011