Extremely high levels of amniotic fluid

I am due in six weeks and I my amniotic fluid levels are off the charts...Anyone have this problem???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No...sorry. Hope everything is okay though!
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 11:41 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• i did at 36wks...i am now 38wks and it went down.good luck momma :)
    lcardenas51989

Answer by lcardenas51989 at 11:52 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I have developed this in the last couple weeks as well. I'm currently at 38 weeks though so I am a little closer to the end. They have me going in for regular U/S as well as non stress tests to monitor how baby is doing. The biggest thing I have been told & read is to make sure I am keeping track of kick counts. If baby isn't moving as much I need to go in and be checked as it could indicate a problem. Amnioreduction is an option but I would suggest you read up on the process and risks involved. I've personally decided not to go that route since I am so close to the end. Not sure if I'd agree to it if I still had 6 weeks to go. I guess it would depend on just how high the fluid levels are. Also let your doc know if you find it difficult to breathe (if it gets to be way too much fluid you may find you're unable to breathe comfortably when laying down or even sitting). Good luck to you.
    Abilyn

Answer by Abilyn at 11:54 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I'm also experiencing this. I'm 37 weeks. About 2 weeks ago my perinatologist did an amnioreduction on me. Within 3 days all of the fluid came back. He did it because he thinks my baby might have an esophageal atresia and that it may be causing my fluid problem. My fluid level was in the 40's. Ive been having this problem since i was 29 weeks. We put off the amnioreduction for a while because of the risks. My husband and i werent comfortable with it. By the time i was 35 weeks i could barely stand. (my before pregnancy size was 5'0 and 93 lbs) The skin on my belly was tearing and my dr said i looked as though i was having triplets. I hope it all works out for you.
    MegFouq

Answer by MegFouq at 7:30 AM on May. 1, 2011

• yea my bag had hole in it it had slow link you should call your baby doctor just to be on the safe side
    sassy21176

Answer by sassy21176 at 12:53 PM on May. 1, 2011

• It turns out you're going to have surprise nonuplets. Congratulations!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:25 AM on May. 10, 2011