Any luck with gardening so far this year ?

plant a tree

gwen20

Asked by gwen20 at 11:47 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I planted my flowers in the pots outside, but immediately it began to rain, it rained for 8 days straight. It stopped for two days and it's starting again. My flowers are hanging in there, but kinda droopy. I have hope....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:49 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I don't have a garden (I wish I had room for one!) but my MIL does and hers is doing great!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:51 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• I PLANTED SUNFLOWERS THEY WERE FIN TILL I MOVED THEM TO A BIGGER POT I TRYED GROWING FLOWERS THEY DIED ASWELL BUT THEN I STARTED TO GROW TOMATOS THEY GREW IM SO HAPPY
    jack90

Answer by jack90 at 11:59 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• *FINE*
    jack90

Answer by jack90 at 12:01 AM on May. 1, 2011

• Well....no. We had snow again last week. I don't even dare plant anything yet.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 12:04 AM on May. 1, 2011

• I have just begun to try and dig up my garden area and it isnt going well. We have had such strange weather this year. Lots of rain and cold. Trees are JUST starting to bud, Daffodil greens are JUST peeking through the ground. At this point I question if they will even flower. The high winds have teken down a couple small trees and several branches. I tried mowing last evening but only was able to get certain areas done. As for flower beds, they need to be tilled and fertilized, something I do not see getting done for a couple of weeks.
    decor42

Answer by decor42 at 8:29 AM on May. 1, 2011

• This year we are getting an unusual amount of rain so far, planting anything has been hard. I am waiting to see if the tomato plants can survive.
    clumm

Answer by clumm at 12:16 PM on May. 1, 2011

• The only things I have had in my flower gardens are my perennials, weeds and MUD!!! LOL It has been entirely too rainy to even think about planting any annuals or veggies.
    ZBandMom

Answer by ZBandMom at 2:34 PM on May. 1, 2011

• It is still too early/cold here to plant much and with all the storms we've been having, I haven't even been able to plant what I normally would in the early Spring. My asparagus is up & the fruit trees are blooming, but that's it. I'm hoping it'll dry out soon so that we can get into the big garden to plant.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 3:48 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I've weeded the flower beds, my spring bulbs are in full bloom and look great. My [eony bushes, hostas, and colinbines are getting big and green. I've made a new flower bed near my backdoor and put new flowers in it, its looking real pretty so far. I've got tons of dianthis seeds sprouting in the house. I can't wait to put everything outside and watch it all grow.
    Eko

Answer by Eko at 6:18 PM on May. 1, 2011