The talk

what age do you tell your kids about sex?

esmith1984

Asked by esmith1984 at 11:47 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• from the time they are about 11 months old. i don't get graphic but i let them know to tell mommy if any one touches them down there, this conversation continues in stages as they get older.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 11:53 PM on Apr. 30, 2011

• My son is a very Nieve 11 yr old and I am dreading it, but I have to talk to him
    RedDahlia82

Answer by RedDahlia82 at 2:45 AM on May. 1, 2011

• As soon as they ask but keep it age appropriate. My three year old asked how his younger brother "got in mommy's tummy" I said well daddy and mommy loved one another and your baby brother came from that love just like you. He was satisfied, at the time. There was the talk of the special place a baby grows (in case a child thinks you ate a baby) and dont panick my daughter asked when she was five "where do babies come from" I said well... from their mommies and daddies, she said well I came from Michigan. I continued just to answer their questions as they came so when they did ask the "hows" "whys"I could answer them. Simple as possible at first.
    katt_1025

Answer by katt_1025 at 4:42 AM on May. 1, 2011

• Started at 3yrs of age.
    momto3infl

Answer by momto3infl at 8:31 PM on May. 3, 2011

• When they are ready but usually around 11 or 12, when school starts putting them in puberty classes
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 3:02 PM on May. 4, 2011