Can military families do foster care?

I am 23 and married to a man in the Army with a 2 in a half year old little girl. My question is if we would be allowed to do foster care with the military situation. My other thought is we live in an apartment that are just recently built. This is a gated community etc etc. I wasnt sure if you needed to be in an actual house to be considered. We are planning to buy a home when our lease runs up so I wasnt sure if i just needed to wait or not. *sorry kiddo in my lap im sure this doesnt read well!* Can you adopt through foster care and if so how does that work?

breezybaby19

Asked by breezybaby19 at 11:52 PM on Apr. 30, 2011 in Adoption

• Yes you can foster and yes you can end up adopting the kids you foster. I have no personal exp but my former staff sgt fostered and adopted 2 kids while in the service. There is a lot of hoops you have to jump through but if you are interested and hubby is on bored, all you need to do is talk to an agency. They can give you the details of wage requirements, living spaces, etc.

Good luck to you!
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 12:00 AM on May. 1, 2011