RASH???????

My baby boy who is 6 months had his 6 month check up and shots yesterday. While visiting with his doctor I metioned the rash he had, it started about a week ago on his butt, thought it was diaper rash but over the week it has spread up his back, it is not a normal rash though, he does have the spots but in some areas they are clustered together like a big dry spot, i thought ok mybe to many baths or something i dont know.......well the doc says to use Dove soap and unicin or something that comes in a tub for laotion.....im like um no... he is a baby no adult soap.........but the "rash" isn't a normal rash.......I have no idea what to do for my little guy...plus he is teething so combine that with shots and a cold that we all have....he is so uncomfortable....the teething, cold, and shots i can handle the radh is what is worring me?
Anyone have this before?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it may just be dry skin...try a softer soap
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:18 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• No, im sorry. But you should get him checked by a better pediatrician than the one who recommended Dove soap. Could it maybe be an allergy? Get him checked. It could be everything and nothing.

Good luck.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:19 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• He hasn't had anything new added to his diet, no new clothes{but of course i always wash them first} This doctor was not his normal doc, He is on vaction until Dec 13 i have an appt the 13 to see him....Could this be ecxema?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:25 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I would have used the Dove! Your doctor is not going to tell you to use something bad for your child (if s'he is, why are you seeing that doc in the first place?!) and Dove is an extremely gentle product, used for decades for things like this.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:28 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• oh also, even if you dont change your detergent or soap, a person can become allergic or irritated even if they have used it for a long time and ditn have irritation before.

excema is scaly and dry and cracked and itchy.. any of those symptoms??
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:28 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• could it be dry skin since the heaters are going and clothes and a diaper...gets pretty hot...Idk
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 2:31 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Try the Eucerin for crying out loud. They have an excellent line of products for sensitive skin. Just don't get it in his eyes! http://www.eucerinus.com/products.html
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 7:11 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Try what the doctor said. He's not going to hurt your child. Dove is actually very mild and good for sensitive skin. Eucerin is great too. I use it on my baby's bottom at every change to prevent rash. I don't use the baby stuff either. The adult stuff works fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• My little boy has very bad eczema and our doctor recommended using Dove soap. I was apprehensive at first but it worked wonders. It is a very mild soap with no fragrance. Most baby soaps have fragances in them that are too harsh for your little ones skin. You can also try putting vaseline on the dry area before bed and then cover with pajamas. That helps lock in the moisture and works great. I understand your frustration. We have been trying to get rid of eczema for months now and the Dove soap and Vaseline are the only things that seem to help at all. PM if you have any other questions.
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 9:22 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• my husband has something like what your discribing and its athleats foot (spelling) i know its normaly on your feel but he dosent have the jean that fights it off so sometimes it gets on him back and legs its just an idea but maybe you could mention something to your doc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Dec. 4, 2008