Any Mommies on here lawyers?

Just wondering.. because I am looking to go to law school, and I am wanting ya´lls opinion on whether or not you think I could do it as a single mom ..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on May. 1, 2011 in Money & Work

• I'm not a lawyer, but I work with them and DH is a lawyer. DH has been practicing some kind of law for over 20 years and has never liked it. Currently he's an attorney in a state agency. He likes the hours and his co-workers, but still doesn't care much for what he does. We're lucky that we don't have any student loans to pay off. Most female attorneys have to get very creative mixing their families and careers; it often boils down to whether they are willing to go on the mommy track or go into private practice. Lawyers coming right out of law school have 100k+ debt AND are facing an even tougher job market because many firms aren't hiring right now. Those that are working often put in 80 hour weeks. There isn't much job satisfaction out there. Sooo, to sum it up, it is possible you'll find happiness and a lucrative career, but it isn't guaranteed. However, you could be the exception. I wish you luck!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 1:33 PM on May. 2, 2011

• I'm sure there are some lawyers on here. Perhaps if you gave them some more information, maybe what you're wanting advice on?
    AmourSpork

Answer by AmourSpork at 9:42 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Just wondering.. because I am looking to go to law school, and I am wanting ya┬┤lls opinion on whether or not you think I could do it as a single mom ..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:48 AM on May. 2, 2011