I am in pain all the time

I am 27 weeks pregnant and I'm in constant pain, in my lower abdomen when I'm sitting in my (IDK what you would call it) inner thighs i guess when I walk, my back all the time and I get almost paralized when I sleep because my hips and everything else in that area hurts so bad when i lay down, it takes like 10 minutes to move, or roll over. Tylenol dose nothing, I also bought a brace that helped for like a week and dose nothing now. Any one have any other suggesttions. I see my Dr. on Fri. I've also tried streches but can no longer do them because of the pain.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• my pain is just as severe, my hips have always been bad throughout my life and now its even worse that im pregnant. for your back, try buying a pillow wedge. its shaped like a piece of cheese lol, it goes under your belly and it straightens your back a little more when youre laying on your side. it helps me. i literally sleep with like 6 pillows between my legs and a body pillow, so i would invest in one of those if i were you. you can also use a heating pad. only on your hips and inner thighs, i wouldnt use it on your back or anywhere where it may warm up your belly or sides of your belly because its not good for the baby...

dont lay on your back , i know for me, it makes my tail bone hurt tremendously! and it takes like 10 min for me to get out of bed also lol.

i hope this helps you out! i know what you're going through, and its going to get worse... sadly :(
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:26 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• thanks and sorry you have to go through it too but I've also tried every possible thing i could think of with all kinds of pillow. I have so many lol, i was like this with my first too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• yeah it really sucks huh? honestly though, if you havent already, buy one of those wedge pillows.. my friend just lended me hers (she just had her baby) and it works a lot better and i feel a lot better.oh and if you can remember to lol, try switching sides throughout the night from left to right and left to right...

I know when i lay on one side for a long time, that hip KILLS so bad like a burn. :(
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:35 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• It could also be a sciatic nerve. It's fairly common in pregnancies, but unfortunately there's no cure except to have the baby. :( Sorry for your pain!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 2:44 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• i empathize. i'm only 21 weeks and have been so uncomfortable throughout this pregnancy (my 2nd after 6 years!). good luck is all i can say and hang in there. we can do it!
    mar1p0sa

Answer by mar1p0sa at 3:44 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I am very sorry you are going through this - I went through it with my baby last spring! Unfortunately, there isn't a whole lot you can do. I KNOW that isn't what you want to hear! I used to beg my Doc to do something for me. Try a pregnancy pillow, like the snoogle, to sleep with. It will help some. Keep something between your knees (snoogle, extra pillows, etc) while you sleep or are laying down. A lot of Doc's recommend physical therapy - because they will get you in a swimming pool which will really help take the pressure off for a bit!! Tylenol didn't do anything for me either, so I definitely feel your pain. Sorry hun!
    nichvegas-mommy

Answer by nichvegas-mommy at 8:44 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Go see a chiropractor. They will really be able to help. Just be sure to mention that you're pregnant.
    Babyness

Answer by Babyness at 6:01 PM on Dec. 4, 2008