Braxton Hicks or the real deal!!!??? oh help....

I'm due in...well technically less than 24 hours - (Dec. 5th) off and on for the past week I've had some off n on painful contractions, but only every so often. Now tonight has been a whole nother story....I have been in tears with contractions that are extremely painful and unrelenting. They are happening at every :20 and :55 in the hour since 7 pm and a few here n there not at any actual time....they even woke me up....Walking doesn't help, I just took a hot shower and have been trying to breathe through them....with the same cramps.....I even took a poo, which makes me crampy (sorry if TMI)....Are these Braxton Hicks or could it be the real thing?! Thanks Ya'll!

itsaboy1208

Asked by itsaboy1208 at 2:28 AM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• could be real start timing them if they get reg go in and maybe youll be that odd mama who has her baby on her due date..lol* i wish you baby dust.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 2:33 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• They could be early labor contractions. Keep on timing them, and call your doctor when you're about 10 minutes apart. They usually want you to come in when they're less than 5 minutes apart, but call ahead of time when they start getting close to give them the head's up. Also, you could try to take a warm bath to relax. But if you're wanting them to hurry up you could walk around for awhile or have sex. Get your bags ready!!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 2:42 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I would wager to say that its real labor starting, definetly time them and when they come consitantly every 10 minutes put a call into your doctor for the heads up and head to the hospital, unless your water breaks first before they get that consistant then head to the hospital. GL mama how exciting for you!!!
    Married2theBest

Answer by Married2theBest at 2:46 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Yay! One of my daughters was born on her due date!
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 2:51 AM on Dec. 4, 2008