When did you start potty training, and how long did it take ?

Lady.S

Asked by Lady.S at 12:39 AM on May. 1, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I started each of my 4 kids at about 20 months... it took a few months of staying with it...Id treat them to a candy or prize out of a box on the back of the toilet and carry on all excited...I think it's easier to have them use the adult toilet by holding them propped on it cuz they see mommie n daddy doing that...with a kid potty they really dont want to sit there..
    Marcie_smiles

Answer by Marcie_smiles at 1:04 AM on May. 1, 2011

• Ok ! i will have to qive the adult potty a try, because my son has the concept down but he just doesn't wnt to use it. I mean I've been doing this constantly for maybe a month. :/
    Lady.S

Comment by Lady.S (original poster) at 2:19 AM on May. 1, 2011

• With my first son he was a different case and potty trained at 18 months typically that doesn't happen, at all. Now with my second son I started potty training him at around 20 months and we are still potty training now he's 27 months. Right now he's about 70% done. He just started staying dry throughout the night and also able to travel out side of the house in underwear with little to no accidents. As Marcie stated it does seem much easier to use the adult potty which is what we are doing too. With my youngest he wasn't comfortable pooping on the little potty but had no problems with doing it over the adult potty. Oh and also, when potty training I think it's much easier to completely ditch pull ups/pampers and stick strictly to underwear/bottomless (unless bedtime & traveling). I found this method to work greatly with my own children and others. GL
    BrandyTheMommy2

Answer by BrandyTheMommy2 at 9:41 AM on May. 1, 2011

• Thankss ! He started around 20mths && he's 24mths now, and hes doinq qood he stays dry pretty much during the day . But he doesnt want to poop in the potty, so im qoinq to qive the adult potty a try and see how it qoes. && then i will work on stayinq dry durinq the niqht :)
    Lady.S

Comment by Lady.S (original poster) at 2:52 PM on May. 1, 2011