Essentials for a winter baby

Our last baby was born in July so I'm a little clueless because our last baby was practically naked till September. ,What do you need for a December baby? We live in a very cold state like rocky mountain area if that helps any.

lizziebreath

Asked by lizziebreath at 12:54 AM on May. 1, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Those cozy covers for the carseats are a lifesaver. Also I had a fleece thing inside of mine that had holes for the straps and then zipped up around him. They aren't supposed to wear fluffy coats in the carseat, so I used those two things and he was always toasty warm :)
    EverydayMomma

Answer by EverydayMomma at 1:17 AM on May. 1, 2011

• Blankets, booties, lots of warm pjs
    genevieve55

Answer by genevieve55 at 1:58 AM on May. 1, 2011

• We lived in Montana while my son was about 5 months old. Buy lots of hats, mittens, warm coveralls, socks. Basically if you need to wear 2 layers, baby needs to wear 3. Make sure you have lots of blankies! Good luck with the cold!
    mamabaier

Answer by mamabaier at 3:27 AM on May. 1, 2011

• with my DD we got a small snow suit from JCP.COM it's designed like a very warm sleeper that has a sack that fits car seats very warm and comfy for my little princess and plenty of stocking caps to cover ears and blankets good luck with the cold and congrats winters babies are great (DD was a fall baby LO i am carrying will be a winter baby)
    krissii

Answer by krissii at 5:03 AM on May. 1, 2011