How can I learn to trust people ?

So there was a lady who said that she needed some baby items and I gave them to her a lot of really nice things and then I saw them being sold on Craigslist. I am a giving person and it makes me sick to know that there are people who take things they ask for and say they need then turn around and sell them in the matter of a week. So then I emailed her asking why she was selling and she said she didnt need the things she need the money. So now what do I do when I see someone who says they need things and I feel like I cant give without knowing what they do. I am not trying to be mean but if I wanted items I bought that were really nice being sold I would have sold them myself.

christinahenry

Asked by christinahenry at 1:03 AM on May. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• Hi Christina, I can relate to what you said, I myself am a giving person, yet I feel that when you do give things to people, you need to "wash your hands from it" or don't give it away at all. People are People, meaning they will disapoint you no matter what..... so I feel that if your going to help someone, walk away feeling good about yourself, knowing that you did help a person in need. And for what she did in regards to selling them on the internet, well, in a way you did help her by giving her items to make money. Yet she did deceive you by giving you the impression that she needed the items for her child.. People really can't be trusted, yet again, you did the right thing by helping a person out.... even though she lied to you... you seem like a good person, don't change because one person deceived you... and for the future, maybe charge a little something for the items.. good luck in all you do..... and God Bless.
    michelle217

Answer by michelle217 at 1:12 AM on May. 1, 2011

• i understand how u feel and i would probably feel the same way but;; fact is once you give someone an item/s they have the free will to do with the items as they please.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 1:09 AM on May. 1, 2011