So who else in the south is tired of this weather?

It is getting ridiculous... over 300 killed? Luckily my husband, daughter, & I live in a valley type town. There has been so many tornadoes. Maci is sick & the thunder scares her. So either way she can hardly get any sleep. I have a mini heart attack when the sirens go off... during the day I'm not as worried because I can actually see the sky. I don't know who peed in mother natures cheerios but she needs to cool it.

MacisMommy91610

Asked by MacisMommy91610 at 1:10 AM on May. 1, 2011 in General Parenting

• I feel your pain. I live in Conyers Georgia and the storms make me extremely nervous. My two year old was completely unphased. She was excited because she wanted to go to Oz. She comes in the room wearing her glittery red shoes and sits down on the couch and says "Just in case." When the dogs and the horses got nervous it just made me nervous.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 1:19 AM on May. 1, 2011

• Yeah I'm in Arkansas. I know a lot of counties close to me were destroyed and counties closer are horribly flooded. But that is so cute =]
    MacisMommy91610

Comment by MacisMommy91610 (original poster) at 1:22 AM on May. 1, 2011

• Me, Me... I am in SE Missouri. We are having major flooding, with 8 straight days of tornado warnings and storms. I counted my weather texts today since April 15th, 52 storm warnings!!! I so am ready for a drought...
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:29 AM on May. 1, 2011

• WOW we've had a few tornado warnings but a constant flood & flash flood warning. I'm getting ready for one too. I can't take my 7 month old outside to play because of all of this. Someone needs to give mother nature some midol.
    MacisMommy91610

Comment by MacisMommy91610 (original poster) at 1:33 AM on May. 1, 2011

• None of it surprises me. We (the people of the planet) brought this all on ourselves with pollution and the other million things we do everyday that destroys the Earth. Also the Bible says quite clearly this would all happen in the end of days. The Earth was measured recently and it's something like 20 degrees off it's axis and isn't rotating like it should. The south is getting the tornadoes that the Great Plains normally would. And yes I live in the south. I lived through m 1st(and hopefully last) tornado Wednesday night. It was a horrible experience. I can't begin to tell you the damage to the house and outside.....

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 2:13 AM on May. 1, 2011

• @sweet. Wow I'm sorry that happened. I heard a lot of homes were destroyed by this weather. I'm just thankful we haven't ended up like Japan yet.
    MacisMommy91610

Comment by MacisMommy91610 (original poster) at 2:22 AM on May. 1, 2011

• Yeah I don't envy you guys with the tornadoes all we have here is flooding and snow in May.
    lizziebreath

Answer by lizziebreath at 3:09 AM on May. 1, 2011

• I'm soo over the rain and the thunderstorms!!!! I'm in tennessee, last week we had a tornado in our county only 30 miles away. A couple weeks prior to that we had a tornado warning, in our town, the kids were held over at school and took almost two hours for them to get home. Last week, the kids were let out of school less than 2 hours after they got there. I'm sick of it!
    smadar

Answer by smadar at 2:12 PM on May. 1, 2011