Any good potty training tips?

For my 2 1/2 year old girl.

letlovegrow2524

Asked by letlovegrow2524 at 1:48 AM on May. 1, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yeah so many people want to do it when they think the kid needs to but in reality it needs to happen when the kid is ready. Once she's ready, it will be a breeze.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 1:54 AM on May. 1, 2011

• I agree, when the child is ready you will certainly know. I wouldn't say it's always a breeze though. However, when starting out with potty training, I would ditch the diapers, pull ups completely. Stick to cloth underwear/bare bottom as with this method they can feel themselves soiled as with pull ups and diapers it usually soaks it up for longer usage. Also, be consistent... If you are going to start with it make sure you stick with it. It's frustrating the first couple of days/weeks and even quite messy but after awhile of the routine, the child will start to catch on. Good luck mom.
    BrandyTheMommy2

Answer by BrandyTheMommy2 at 9:34 AM on May. 1, 2011

• Give her lots of fluids, then 15-20 minutes later have her sit on the potty, with a book if she wants to.
    Run the water in the sink, sometimes this helps
    Don't stress out if she doesn't seem to want it, back off for a while.
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 9:25 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I tried when she turned two but she just didn't want to. She seems more interested in it now, and will take her diaper off to sit on it. Sometimes she goes sometimes she doesn't. We have undies for her but she only wheres then when she running around if she wants to sit and watch TV she needs a pull up or diaper on so shes not peeing or pooping on my new sofa set. I can't seem to ever get her to poop tho, she will hold it until the diapers or pull up is on run and hid and poop.
    letlovegrow2524

Comment by letlovegrow2524 (original poster) at 4:19 PM on May. 2, 2011