Do you consume enough liquid each day? Does SO? Do the kids?

According to this Mayo Clinic article, if you are an average adult you should be drinking approximately 8-13 cups of water or other liquids each day (depending on your gender, weight, and water out-put). I usually don't drink enough.

AmourSpork

Asked by AmourSpork at 2:22 AM on May. 1, 2011 in Health

• That sounds like a bit much if you aren't doing anything or getting too hot. There is a such thing as over hydration, and guess what, it can kill you. But I try to make sure that my kids are producing light yellow to clear urine and have taught them to self monitor. Anything darker than a light yellow and they need to, and do, drink more water.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 4:34 AM on May. 1, 2011

• we go thru a case of water every 3-4 days plus milk & juice so I am pretty confidant. My kids don't go anywhere without a bottle of water. Not even the backyard, its 2nd nature at this point to them.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:06 AM on May. 1, 2011

• I drink my equivilent in Pepsi lol
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 3:07 AM on May. 1, 2011

• Yes, we drink lots of water!
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 4:26 AM on May. 1, 2011

• Some days I do, some I'm close, once in a while I don't - I have to watch myself close because I've had kidney stones due to dehydration. DH...ha, I doubt it. The kids...one I know gets enough, 1 I worry doesn't, the other 2 are so-so.
    Anonymous