What are your thoughts on this Momma's??

What are your thoughts on Extreme Couponing? 

Does a family of 2 or 4 or even 6 actually need 125 boxes of pasta, 100 bottles of Powerade? 100 micro ramen noodles soups? 

Don't these things have expiration dates? And if their house is already stockpiled floor to ceiling, WHY do they continue to shop every week? 

Do you think that they waste more money buying 100 candy bars, and 30 boxes of cereal of each brand they can being THEY EXPIRE within the year? And some items like sodas within a few months? 

I think its a waste of money buying so much in extreme. EVERY week. Like WHO needs 30 bottles of ketchup, mayo, mustard? Unless you are a BIG family like the Duggars! Sure!

I would think they throw out more food stuff than they eat, wasting it. So HOW is that saving money? 

I think if I actually had the knack for doing that, and buying so many groceries for under $30-70 a week that I would open up a food pantry and help my community being my family and I could not eat all that before it went bad.

I understand all the paper products and soaps and shampoo's and NON-Perishables...but foodstuff? It DOES expire within the year. 

Am I wrong?? OR do you agree? 

Just curious as to what others thought. I'm all for saving money in today's times but I don't see how all that effort put into it is beneficial EVERY week buying more than they need, unless its to help others.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on May. 1, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I think it's cool that they manage to save so much money but who needs so much stuff? I always wonder if they get to all their food before it expires. I wonder if any of those people donate food to the needy.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 4:22 AM on May. 1, 2011

• I watched that episode. I really liked the woman who said she only bought what she needed, not just what was on sale. To me that's the only sensible person they have had on the series.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:48 AM on May. 1, 2011

• I don't know enough about extreme couponing, but I do agree with you. That is excessive
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 2:55 AM on May. 1, 2011

• I hate coupons. They clutter my bag and cover up the keys I am hunting for in the pouring rain.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 3:23 AM on May. 1, 2011

• Exactly myree85, if they are able to save so much shopping like they do you would think they WOULD give to their community food banks cause it sure would help them cuts their costs, OR help THEM learn how to shop the same way to help them out!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:53 AM on May. 1, 2011

• That is just crazy. Anyone who does that has no sense of reality. Nuts!
    AND Ramen noodles are so not healthy.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:10 AM on May. 1, 2011