What are your thoughts on this Momma's??

What are your thoughts on Extreme Couponing?

Does a family of 2 or 4 or even 6 actually need 125 boxes of pasta, 100 bottles of Powerade? 100 micro ramen noodles soups?

Don't these things have expiration dates? And if their house is already stockpiled floor to ceiling, WHY do they continue to shop every week?

Do you think that they waste more money buying 100 candy bars, and 30 boxes of cereal of each brand they can being THEY EXPIRE within the year? And some items like sodas within a few months?

I think its a waste of money buying so much in extreme. EVERY week. Like WHO needs 30 bottles of ketchup, mayo, mustard? Unless you are a BIG family like the Duggars! Sure!

I would think they throw out more food stuff than they eat, wasting it. So HOW is that saving money?

I think if I actually had the knack for doing that, and buying so many groceries for under $30-70 a week that I would open up a food pantry and help my community being my family and I could not eat all that before it went bad.

I understand all the paper products and soaps and shampoo's and NON-Perishables...but foodstuff? It DOES expire within the year.

Am I wrong or do you agree?

Just curious as to what others thought. I'm all for saving money in today's times but I don't see how all that effort put into it is beneficial EVERY week buying more than they need, unless its to help others.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 AM on May. 1, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I just talking about this today, about the expiration dates on all those things. I hope they donate some things that are close to expiration date to food pantries so at least someone can benefit.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 2:33 AM on May. 1, 2011

• They should donate what they don't use.
    RedDahlia82

Answer by RedDahlia82 at 2:31 AM on May. 1, 2011

• I hate going to the store to buy something only to find the shelf is empty. I'd hate to think that it was emptied because someone felt like they needed to buy up all that was on the shelf at once because they had some awesome coupon. I use coupons when I have them, but I don't clean off a shelf, I just buy what I need.

I don't understand what is really behind this need to have so much food stored. I store up hurricane supplies, but it's nothing like this. WOW
    CallMeAngie

Answer by CallMeAngie at 3:06 AM on May. 1, 2011

• They are probably hoarders, or just really, really crazy. Also they have to much free time.
    mamabaier

Answer by mamabaier at 3:55 AM on May. 1, 2011

• They don't buy healthy foods. Honestly, I see this as a form of hoarding

Answer by rkoloms at 8:27 AM on May. 1, 2011

• Exactly! Look at what she just bought! She is thinking... OMG where the heck am I going to put all THIS now? So much for the car being in the garage!

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:33 AM on May. 1, 2011

•  Who needs that much shampoo? This guy DOES give back thru his church which I thought was nice. 

He gives water and he took over 500 boxes I think it was of cereal to his church to feed the hungry. And toothpaste and shavers, and deoderants ..etc. So THAT was worth it to help the homeless, etc. Sure and a great way of helping, indeed. I liked his idea of helping being he knows HOW via couponing. 

Wonder if he can help me get MILK for free! lol            Its so expensive nowdays! 

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:51 AM on May. 1, 2011

• Exactly CallMeAngie! That happened to me a few weeks back and I said" Sheesh did they have a fire sale??"

I almost forgot what it was!!! Hellmans Mayonaise AND Krafts!!! Not ONE big jar was available only the very small jars. Grrrrr!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:12 AM on May. 1, 2011

• Are they Mormons?
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 1:11 PM on May. 1, 2011

• By the way----the plural of Momma is Mommas. No apostrophe needed.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 1:13 PM on May. 1, 2011