SHould we start drilling for oil here (US)?

I don't understand why the hell we don't drill in our own back yard. We have pleanty of oil, we could make money off all this damn oil, we have what China doesn't have! OIL! So why the f**** aren't we drilling oil here? Not to mention we can SAVE money on gas at the pumps. WHat idiot is keeping us from doing this? The f-ing environmentalists? Yes I understand that drilling is dangerous, but if you get the right people who take the time to learn and follow strict guidelines so another BP oil doesn't happen again, we'd be golden! WHY IS THIS COUNTRY SO AFRAID TO TAKE CHANCES ON SOMETHING THAT MIGHT BE GOOD FOR IT!?!?!?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on May. 1, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Damn right I'm tired of paying all this money. I have no idea why they won't drill in the United States.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 2:55 AM on May. 1, 2011

• I've always felt it's because we'd rather drain everyone else and know we're sitting on a stock pile. Personally I'd rather not be the last ones standing with the oil. I'd hate to see how ugly that gets
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 2:56 AM on May. 1, 2011

• They are actually paying a HUGE stipend to people who discover oil on their own property to keep it capped. sometimes our GOV can be so stupid....
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 3:00 AM on May. 1, 2011

• I think we need to be completely free of the need of ANY oil! I'm so sick of it. We start wars over it. It drains our pocketbooks. It ruins sea life, the planet and our oceans. Really, it's not good all-around. They need to start praising people who come up with different ways to fuel cars like water, electric, beans, corn, human waste. (Yes all of those have happened). The fact is though that until they figure out how to make a lot of $$$ with alternative methods, the oil crisis will continue.Plus, everyone is set in their ways, kinda like how we have in the U.S. an inaccurate measurement system(feet,inches, etc) and a faulty and easily manipulated way of credit/debit cards(magnetic strips) while other parts of the world have advanced.

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:20 AM on May. 1, 2011

• yep
    AMMA554

Answer by AMMA554 at 4:00 AM on May. 1, 2011

• I don't get it either.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 6:59 AM on May. 1, 2011

• It really sucks doesn't it?! Well, OBAMA is the one who REFUSES to allow America to drill in America!! And BECAUSE Obama refuses to drill in America, he's allowing the SPECULATORS jack up the cost saying there is a "shortage of oil" which gets passed on to us!! You have to remember the Oil Companies (Mobil-Exxon, Shell, etc.) BUY their oil from other countries like Saudi Arabia. So what's stopping those speculators from jacking up the prices...they KNOW they have us over a barrel (pun intended!!)

Graphic includes coal which environmentalists are trying to ban or make very expensive to use.

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:08 AM on May. 1, 2011

• Furthermore:

So WHY are we so dependent on foreign oil?! 

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:15 AM on May. 1, 2011

• how we have in the U.S. an inaccurate measurement system(feet,inches, etc)

How is it "inaccurate"?

And yes we need to drill.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:27 AM on May. 1, 2011

***
    WTF?! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:38 AM on May. 1, 2011