Misspellings anyone?

Do u ever read a bunch of posts and want to correct the misspelled words?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 AM on May. 1, 2011 in Just for Fun

• A mistake here and there I can handle but the posts that are crammed with mistakes and "text" spelling drives me nuts. I admit I think less of someone with chronic spelling issues. I am a pedantic, spelling snob! Though I must say I do not correct the mistakes in a post. I think embarassing someone like that is cruel and unnecessary.
    MarcellaFL

Answer by MarcellaFL at 4:04 AM on May. 1, 2011

• Yes, I do and it bothers me. I'm a teacher. Unfortunately I misspell a lot too but I have spell check. Especially when I'm tired, I have a problem spelling words that I know I know.
    Razzle_Dazzle1

Answer by Razzle_Dazzle1 at 3:45 AM on May. 1, 2011

• Misspelled words seriously drive me insane. Another things that bother me is improper capitalizing and abbreviating.
    mamabaier

Answer by mamabaier at 3:49 AM on May. 1, 2011

• Yes! I understand the occasional misspelling or typo, but some posts are impossible to read. People don't need to be spelling bee champions, or even grammar scholars, but I do understand what you mean. If only there were a way to submit those to CafeMom! Just offer the corrections!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:55 AM on May. 1, 2011

• My grandmother was forever rapping my knuckles when I misspelled common words. So it bothers me a lot. However, I understand an occasional slip.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 4:07 AM on May. 1, 2011

• huge pet peeve of mine is when my students when I was teaching high school and jr high would write their papers like they talked and texted! None of them knew how to spell or punctuate for that matter because of technology!
    nonya1102

Answer by nonya1102 at 5:15 AM on May. 1, 2011

• Bad spelling, bad grammar, "TXT" words, they all REALLY bother me (I went to school to be a copy editor, so it's my nature to correct things like that.) An occasional slip-up is one thing, but when they make up entire posts, I struggle with it. I wonder if they KNOW how bad it is but don't care/think it's "cool" or if they're truly oblivious and don't know any better.
    I very rarely post "corrections", but you better believe the red pen in my head is marking things.
    jess_merrick874

Answer by jess_merrick874 at 5:23 AM on May. 1, 2011

• it doesnt bother me at all but im not the best at spelling so it is was it is
    martinsmom2008

Answer by martinsmom2008 at 2:44 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Its the text speak that aggravates me the most. If you are that busy and in that much of a hurry that you don't have time to spell out words maybe you should wait until you aren't so busy.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:49 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Yeah, it can bug me but as long as I get what they are saying so what!! People are probably just rushing through their answers and with all the texting and stuff everything is abbreviated anyhow.
    mammaangelof4

Answer by mammaangelof4 at 2:54 PM on May. 1, 2011