Have you ever felt wedged between your parents and your spouse?

Sometimes it feels like we can be more forgiving of our parents than our spouses, because we have so much more history with them than our SOs do. It's just sucky being stuck in between when you see both sides of the coin, and you feel like you have to defend both of them to the other all the time. Anyone else in this boat?

musicpisces

Asked by musicpisces at 3:49 AM on May. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• I agree... I mean they dont hate each other, but they do not like each other, and I usually am more forgiving with my parents than my husband ( they are usually right though lol )
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 10:59 AM on May. 1, 2011

• I'm always put in this situation. I feel like I'm in the middle of all of their misunderstandings or argument. My parents get mad if I defend my husband and he gets mad if I defend them. They act like I'm taking sides but I just see the arguments from a different point of view than they do and its very difficult. It gets really stressful at times.
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 4:01 AM on May. 1, 2011

• absoulutely! My mother and her pos bf are constantly putting my df down, and my df doesnt hide how he feels about them. But I usually side with my df because he's right and he's the one I want to spend my life with, not my mother who couldnt be bothered to be a parent to me when her bf tried to rape me, yes the one shes still with....
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 7:33 AM on May. 1, 2011