• In the Spotlight:

Is it anything to worry about? :-/

I've read that Braxton-Hicks are nothing to worry about, unless you have more than 4 in an hour. I've had BH all through this pregnancy, but today they escalated to the point that I've had at least 10-15 an hour for the past 3 hours. I'm not dehydrated...I've been drinking tons of water all day. They're not painful, just uncomfortable and exceedingly annoying. Sometimes one stops and another starts back up again.

Is it anything to worry about? I'm 36 wks, 3 days.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 AM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i thought women have them like days at a time.. and sometimes weeks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:25 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• when i was pregnant with my first daughter i kept getting BH found out i kept getting UTI'S. i drank alot of water and stuff but i just kept getting them. i was in and out the hospital for preterm labor. they had to to stop my contractions every time because they started going to real labor. my suggesting is to call the hospital and talk to the R.N. that deals with the babies if it is in the middle of the night or call your Dr. first thing in the moring. if the contractions get worst go to the ER emediatley.
    jasken

Answer by jasken at 4:31 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• You shouldn't have much to worry about unless they are painful. With you being this far along, you probably want to get checked and make sure they aren't real contractions. If you are dilating, then they are real!
    nichvegas-mommy

Answer by nichvegas-mommy at 8:36 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• This happened to me when I was prego with my daughter, I'd get them every 4-5 min for an hour at a time, then it would stop for a while and keep on going. In my case, I was slowly dilating, at 36 weeks I was open and by 39 I was 3cm(my little girl was late anyway).
    Anyway, it might be normal, the only thing I'd check for it a UTI. I've always had asymptomatic UTIs which caused contractions, so you should mention it to the doc at your next appointment. Good luck!
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 8:49 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Thanks everyone. I think I am going to have my dr check for a UTI next week...I got a lot of them as a child and had one with my first pregnancy, so it sounds like a likely culprit.
    Anonymous