Ever heard of a terrier/bulldog?

I just got one and he is so cute! He looks like a bulldog but on terrier legs. Any way, any potty training tips? He's more stubborn than my son!

Audrice1985

Asked by Audrice1985 at 7:39 AM on May. 1, 2011 in Pets

• Heard of them and seen them. Looks like great dogs. Google "house breaking dogs".
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:39 AM on May. 1, 2011

• Unless you got the dog from an animal shelter, you really should not be announcing the fact that you have a hybrid dog. Go to an animal shelter and see how many of those dogs that look just like yours but are grown up now need a home.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 11:21 AM on May. 1, 2011

• How old is he? If he's just left mama you'll need to take him outside every 30-45 minutes. If he's older, every hour until he understands that you go potty outside. Make sure to give him plenty of praise when he goes where he's supposed to. I always recommend crate training as I have yet to own a dog that it hasn't been effective for. This site has a lot of good instructions on crate training.
    http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/cratetraining.htm
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 2:25 PM on May. 1, 2011

Why not? He's cute and I didn't pay for him. He's the product of the owners not catching their dog before it went in heat. If I didn't take him he WOULD have been sent to a shelter. I don't need a grown dog. I have a very hands on little boy who needs a puppy who grows up to his way of playing. Also, he is joining our 5 year old rescued (from abusive home NOT shelter) large breed chihuahua.
    Audrice1985

Comment by Audrice1985 (original poster) at 5:37 PM on May. 1, 2011

• YES- They are TOO CUTE:) Wishing you lots of luck with your Little Boy's new Best Friend-

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 1:49 AM on May. 2, 2011