How often do you wash your dog?

Or if you use a groomer, how often do you go? And what is the breed of your dog?

Syphon

Asked by Syphon at 7:49 AM on May. 1, 2011 in Pets

• I have two Shelties and I bathe them every two weeks year-round and they never go a groomer. I don't like to do it that often, but they wrestle and play and mouth each other so much that they get dirty/stinky so fast. I brush them every other day. I just don't see how some people claim that they only bathe their dogs every few months...their dogs must either stay outside all the time so they don't notice how dirty/smelly they are OR if they are inside dogs, they must not spend much time playing outside. Mine are inside dogs, but spend a couple hours total per day outside playing...and they eat high quality grain-free dog food.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 4:00 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Large breed long haired chihuahua and a bulldog/terrier mix short haired. right now it's every two weeks, but when the fleas start in it is every week with dawn and vinegar. Vinegar and dawn kill the fleas and is gentle on their skin.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 6:50 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Not often enough. I only give him a bath maybe 2 times a year. We get him groomed about 2 times a year too. He has very long hair, but we cut it short.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:51 AM on May. 1, 2011

• Thanks. I have an English Bulldog and the vet is telling me to wash him once a week. I was doing it 2 times a month.
    Syphon

Comment by Syphon (original poster) at 7:55 AM on May. 1, 2011

• I have a Shih Tzu and a short haired Mutt. My shihtzu gets a bath weekly, groomer every 2 months. Mutt a bath every two weeks, never goes to a groomer.

Answer by gemgem at 8:26 AM on May. 1, 2011

• I have a long haired black lab/cho mix. She gets a bath about twice a month in the summer, once a month in the winter.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:34 AM on May. 1, 2011

• I don't. He's too big. I have a pit bull and my DH gives him a bath like ever 2 or 3 months. We would do it more often, but we are both soooo busy all the time.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 9:48 AM on May. 1, 2011

• I give my guys a bath once a month in the winter and about every 2 weeks in the summer. That is usually to often but I have no choice in the summer we spend time in North Carolina with family that have cows. My dogs love rolling around in those fields and reek.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 12:49 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I have a Min Pin/Chi I usaually wash him onced every 2 wks.
    RedDahlia82

Answer by RedDahlia82 at 1:13 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I have Rotties and I bath them every two weeks just because they like to roll in what stray cats leave behind. YUCK! DX
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 2:19 PM on May. 1, 2011