I've Forgotten What To Do With Him! adult content

Okay, here's the story:

Due to a high-risk pregnancy, I was on bed/pelvic rest for the whole pregnancy, hence no sex. I had the baby three weeks ago, so we are T-Minus 3 weeks until I get medically cleared. I really "let myself go" during this pregnancy, mentally and physically, I have to admit that at this point.

I am having serious trouble imagining returning to having a sex life. In my head, everything is very awkward and I'm not even sure I remember what to do with the man!

So, with three weeks to work on things, what would you do in my place to mentally and physically prepare?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on May. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• My best advice is just to not think about it too much. When the time comes and you are cleared just let things happen at their own course. Talk to your husband and tell him you feel weird since it has been so long. Maybe he can keep that in mind himself.

Answer by gemgem at 9:09 AM on May. 1, 2011

• ive had 2 babies preg with my 3rd and everytime i have felt this way! when the time comes its a lil scary but once your in the moment you remember! Try to kinda pamper yourself in the days before that make you feel nice and womanly!
    cortneydmorris

Answer by cortneydmorris at 9:25 AM on May. 1, 2011

• Girl I am so with you.. I have twins that are 7 weeks old now. We tried having sex when I hit that big 6 week mark and it was still painful and awkward for me. I felt very un sexy! Best advice I can give you is just as the previous poster said..don't think about it so much and just let it happen =) And don't expect your first time to be wonderful either lol Take it slow because it might still be pretty uncomfortable! Remember your hubby married you because he loves you and thinks your sexy! I'm sure that hasn't changed a bit!
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:26 AM on May. 1, 2011

• You have 3 weeks to perfect the art of foreplay. You can't have sex, but you can touch, cuddle, stroke, kiss, nibble, pet, lick ... well, you get where I'm going. Knowing you can't have sex takes all the pressure for a happy ending off. Relearn how to enjoy each other.

EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 9:35 AM on May. 1, 2011

• You've got to make yourself feel good, so try and relax, and remember what makes you feel good....be it, getting your hair done, a pedicure, or taking a long hot bubble bath....whatever makes you feel good about yourself, then you will get right back into love making! Good luck! (I started working out and I tell you, its done wonders for me!)
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 9:39 AM on May. 1, 2011

• It's totally normal, bed rest or not. You are just overwhelming yourself a little. When you are ready, have a glass of wine & relax. It's like riding a bike! LOL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:48 AM on May. 1, 2011

• I would try to get as much sleep as you can and do what you can to pull yourself together physically. Maybe a haircut. Lingerie? Something that will make you feel more comfortable and beautiful. I am sure that once you get back at it a time or two, it will feel completely natural again.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:51 AM on May. 1, 2011

• dont look at it as a bad thing, syke yourself up to have a good experience, just stay calm
    duwana

Answer by duwana at 12:34 PM on May. 1, 2011

• you have 3 weeks to get him and yourself excited no sex but cuddling touching alittle ect..dont think to much trust me it will all work out when your 3 weeks is up...
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 10:38 PM on May. 1, 2011