Cervical Position Question adult content

I am 2 days late for my period. Or at least I am for what would be my normal cycle. I'm pretty sure I ovulated and everything but my cervix is suddenly very high and soft and about a fingertip open. Is this how it should be if my period is coming? I'm still new to all of the cervical checking but from what I read I thought it should be low and hard?

toykeymama

Asked by toykeymama at 9:15 AM on May. 1, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• It should be low and closed BUT keep in mind that the position of the cervix changes throughout the day so you should check it at the same time of each day to be consistent.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:28 AM on May. 1, 2011

• this is new to me....and we are TTC....so does it help to check your cervix?? And what does it mean when you're checking it????
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 9:37 AM on May. 1, 2011

• Get the book Taking Charge of your Fertility by Toni Weschler.  Checking cervical position will tell you when your body is getting ready for ovulation.  The higher and more open (softer) it is, the more 'ripe' you are for ovulation.

also cervical mucous will tell you if you are fertile enough to keep the sperm alive long enough to reach the cervix.

Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:49 AM on May. 1, 2011

• From my experience my cervix after ovulation (show-soft,high,open,and wet) it dropped down to low hard and closed. Right about the time that I should have been starting my period it began to move to a soft,high,and closed state. Sure enough I was pregnant :) it is not the same for everyone and only you know what your cervix is normally like at each stage. I wish you lots of luck. Give it a couple more days if you want, but you could probably take a test now and it be accurate :)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 12:45 PM on May. 1, 2011