Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

How can I get child support from my boys Dad. H owes me $50,000 in back child support. The DA offices is not doing anything about it

Answer Question

Asked by mntngirl4ever at 9:36 AM on May. 1, 2011 in Money & Work

Level 2 (4 Credits)
Answers (4)
  • Do you have a case with child support enforcement? If not you have to open one and they can help you collect. If you do, then been there done that myself. I had to write my Governor, Senator, AG and the head of child support weekly until they finally assigned someone who would help. My ex was found guilty of felony flagrant non support in 2001.
    Your only other option is to hire a private lawyer and have them file a contempt of court against your ex husband and go to court. The judge will handle it from there.

    Answer by gemgem at 9:39 AM on May. 1, 2011

  • Childsupport enforcement won't help? Contact an attorney.

    Answer by meooma at 9:46 AM on May. 1, 2011

  • I would get a consultaion from a lawyer to see what your options are. Most lawyers will do a free consultaion. good luck

    Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 10:21 AM on May. 1, 2011

  • Getting that far behind is a felony. Why isn't he in prison? He should have been jailed long before least then if anyone was dumb enough to bail the jerk out that money would have gone to you!

    Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:52 PM on May. 1, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.