UGH HORRIBLE DAY (vent)

My df is home for one day, he has to leave tonight and got here this morning. He works over the road in a different state and this is the only day off for I dont know how long. Well on his way home last night he had some trouble and one being he hit a deer, he's fine the cars a little dinged but the deer didnt make it so he's going to go to his parents to cut it up so he can have the meat. The last thing I want to do after not seeing him for awhile is to go to his parents and sit there while he cuts up the damn deer and then his parents will ask him to do a million things. The kids and I have missed him and just want to spend time with him, but the deer does need to be taken care of, I just wish we could spend time together :( right now he is sleeping cuz he didnt get any sleep last night cuz he was driving home. I'm just sad:( ok I'm done venting

SabrenaLeigh

Asked by SabrenaLeigh at 10:09 AM on May. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• Sorry Its Such a bad day for you ! I hope it gets Better :)
    PrissyT

Answer by PrissyT at 10:21 AM on May. 1, 2011

• And I thought I had it bad. My husband works out of state as well and we only see him part of Saturday and then he goes back Sunday after dinner. We get to see him every weekend though. Sorry to hear about the deer messing up your plans but I'm glad it will not go to waste. {{{HUGS}}}
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 10:24 AM on May. 1, 2011

• Why don't all of you go climb into bed with him? Get the children and just lay with him. I know it's not the same as him being awake, but......at least he is there. Also you will have a good memory to think of when he is gone and you miss him.
    sunrisekn

Answer by sunrisekn at 11:52 AM on May. 1, 2011

• I'm glad he got home safe and you can spend anytime together. Many times in life things don't happen the way we hope they will. You just have to try to be grateful for everything you do have now, and know that soon he will be able to spend more time at home with the family. Do you like deer meat?
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:52 PM on May. 1, 2011

• So far the day is exactly the same

Yeah it does suck :( The longest Ive gone without seeing him is 2 1/2 months! And I even gave birth to our youngest all alone because he was over the road and he didnt get to meet him for 2 weeks.

Have you ever tried to climb into bed and keep a 3yr old, 2yr old, and 8 month old put in there with bathroom trips and feedings and such?

SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 1:54 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Do I like deer meat, depends on how its cooked. I dont like if its gamey. My df loves deer meat. and we wont be able to spend more time together soon, this is his profession, well seismic and fracking, and he's only 21 so we have a long way to go!
    SabrenaLeigh

Comment by SabrenaLeigh (original poster) at 1:59 PM on May. 1, 2011