My DD is sick

My 7 month old daughter has a cough horribly bad along with throwing up snot. We have no way of taking her to the DR right now so I was needing some advice on what to do about it. Thank you.

MacisMommy91610

Asked by MacisMommy91610 at 10:53 AM on May. 1, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• why can't you take her in? you shouldn't take a horrible cough lightly, especially in infants.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:56 AM on May. 1, 2011

• I agree ! you could take her to the ER! If its Bad
    PrissyT

Answer by PrissyT at 10:57 AM on May. 1, 2011

• If this is the first time for something like this, I would definitely suggest taking her to Stat Care at the very least. But....

Check for fever, if she does not have one, more than likely the cough and the throwing up are due to sinus drainage. Keep her nose suctioned, keep her sitting up, give her plenty of liquids, and try to keep a cool mist humidifier going.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:00 AM on May. 1, 2011

• Our car is messed up & we have no money to give anyone gas. Trust me, I've been complaining to my husband about needing to take her. But we live a ways away from her Dr too.
    MacisMommy91610

Comment by MacisMommy91610 (original poster) at 11:01 AM on May. 1, 2011

• She has been having a bit of a fever but not horribly bad.
    MacisMommy91610

Comment by MacisMommy91610 (original poster) at 11:03 AM on May. 1, 2011

• If there's a fever, I'd at least call the doctor. Tell him where the temperature is and exactly what is going on and for how long. He can give you much better advice than any of us can. Good luck and hope she's feeling better very soon!!
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:05 AM on May. 1, 2011

• I am right at this moment. Thank you for all the advice.
    MacisMommy91610

Comment by MacisMommy91610 (original poster) at 11:07 AM on May. 1, 2011

• I'd have to say please take her in now, if not to the ER then at least to a nearby clinic or something! She doesn't sound like she's doing good! Trust me I know about not having money, but u can make payments, just tell them your situation, they CAN'T turn her away!!!!!! And about the ride, well if my son was that bad I would do anything! Take the bus or walk if need be!!!! But it sounds like she needs to be seen. GL mom!
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 11:09 AM on May. 1, 2011

• I just called and they don't do anything until 2:00.... that's crazy.
    MacisMommy91610

Comment by MacisMommy91610 (original poster) at 11:11 AM on May. 1, 2011

• Alright thankfully they called back, I am suppose to bring her in tomorrow. The woman told me to give her warm food, use a humidifier,& do the whole bathroom thing. Thank you all so much for the advice =]
    MacisMommy91610

Comment by MacisMommy91610 (original poster) at 11:38 AM on May. 1, 2011