When you catch women lying on here or displaying questionable parenting skills....

do you brush it off, feel sorry for them, or feel sorry for their kids?

Sometimes the things we read on here, I am SHOCKING we don't see any news stories linking back to "the accused frequented a social networking site called Cafe Mom".

I'll never get the 30 consecutive day award on here. I need a break to recuperate from the craziness. If I went 30 straight days I'd land in the looney bin.

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 11:49 AM on May. 1, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I feel sorry for them adn the kids and call them out if nessacary!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 11:07 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Unless they are admitting to abuse, how they raise their children or what they choose to do with their life is none of my business. I don't agree with A LOT of the stuff I see on here, but that doesn't mean it's wrong or that it's any of my business at all... Although from time to time I do feel sorry for the kids, I grew up in a rather hard home and when I see that here it makes me wish I could hug the kids.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:52 AM on May. 1, 2011

• I haven't seen anything I would consider neglect or abuse- otherwise I would report it. I've only seen differing parenting styles, or more lax parenting than I would ever do. But to each his/her own. They will have to deal w/ the consequences when being the "cool parent", blows up in their face, or makes them the "cool GRANDparent"! :p
    I also stay away from certain sections when I'm on here, unless I see a ques. that really peaks my interest. Yes, sometimes it's like swimmin w/ the sharks, but you have to take the few obnoxious ones on here w/ a grain of salt. Dont let them get under your skin, & just enjoy your time here on CM! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 11:55 AM on May. 1, 2011

• I do not believe most of the crazy things women say on here.

Answer by louise2 at 11:51 AM on May. 1, 2011

• I've not read anything on here that would qualify for prosecutable child neglect or abuse. Mostly I read how perfect 99% of cafe mom are in their mothering skills and abilities. Mostly its those mothers judging the rest of us.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:06 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Some people on here just like to create drama and will lie to get a rise out of other people. I do not believe most of the outrageous stuff I read on here unless I see an article associated with it. I am not above googling to find out if something happened the way people are saying. 9 times out of 10, I can't find anything about it. I do not call them out, I just leave the post. If the children are not in immediate danger, I just leave the post.
    sunrisekn

Answer by sunrisekn at 12:12 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I think we have a lot more drama queen trolls than actually bad mothers. Take everything you read online with a grain (or better yet a spoonful) of salt.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 12:46 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I don't see 'questionable' skills really (well, maybe that one who was grounding her 3 & 5 year olds for a week at a time). I just see moms who parent differently than me. They probably think my methods are just as weird as I find theirs to be. Live & let live.
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 12:49 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I can't tell if anyone is lying. How can anyone? And I haven't seen any evidence of bad parenting.
    I have seen bad decisions having to do with relationships,though.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 1:01 PM on May. 1, 2011

• If I think anything, it's that I feel sorry for their children. I try not to take anything too seriously, though. If I did, I'd start to hate women in general bc there are some poor excuses of them on here, lol. Then again..there are also some really cool ladies. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:54 PM on May. 1, 2011