Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anything to worry about? adult content

So, I've been having some issues with my inner lady parts (not sure exactly which part, hence just saying lady parts....). I've looked online to see if it's something serious, and everything online, of course, gives you a worst case scenario. So, I wanted to see if anyone here had experienced something similar, and if so, what tests were run, etc. I REALLY don't want to go through any sort of testing that wouldn't be necessary (most of the tests I've read about to figure out what's going on inside are vaginal ultrasounds, CT scans/MRI, biopsy, etc).

Some back story, last March, I gave birth to my YDD. Late February, the doc tried to stip my membranes. However, she wasn't an OB, so she didn't do it correctly, and only half was stripped, and I was left in a HELL of a lot of pain (could barely move for a few days). It was messed up so bad that my placenta actually broke apart and the OB who delivered my YDD had to actually go in with his hands and pull out all the pieces.. So maybe the issues are from that... (Of course, it wasn't noted that she messed up.. But it is noted that the placenta broke apart). YDD is my third baby.

Anyway, here's what's been going on:
-Extremely heavy periods. As in, two days of the 4 days of actual bleeding (not spotting), I am going through a pad an hour. I NEVER had heavy periods, usually it was spotting to light bleeding.
-Stabbing/shooting pains in either my uterus or ovary (not sure which exactly... though I could show the doc exactly where, and they could probably figure it out), sometimes so bad that I bend over in pain , and it's not only during my period.

Any ideas? I don't want to go in if I don't have to (I am strangely afraid of doctors. lol), and I most definitely don't want to get tests done if they aren't needed. But if there is something to be concerned about, I want to go in to get checked.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Health

Answers (6)
  • Googleing for answers is the WORSE thing you can go.

    You need to go to the regular OB and ask.

    Answer by Augusta at 12:11 PM on May. 1, 2011

  • You need to go get checked. I could be a variety of things like they didn't get all the placenta out or something.

    Answer by emmyandlisa at 12:11 PM on May. 1, 2011

  • :(

    please go in? could be anything from a cyst to endrometriosis (I am spelling that wrong.....) but at the very least you probably are anemic. Pain that makes you cripple over is a sign that a professional should look you over.

    Answer by hibbingmom at 12:12 PM on May. 1, 2011

  • Im sorry that you are experiencing this it has to be agonizing! I did not have my membranes stripped before I had my last child but I did have a C-Section (my3rd) c-section and I had a tubal ligation and after my youngest was born I noticed that my periods became extremely heavly, i.e. I had to leave work early because it was just too heavy, and the my tubes swell causing pain on my left side. I am no physician but I can suggest that maybe you have some scarring in your uterus, which is what has happened to me.

    Answer by momofcac at 12:14 PM on May. 1, 2011

  • Thanks ladies for answering :)

    I guess I'll make an appointment. I can't go see an OB without a referal (military hospital...), but I can see a regular family practitioner. I've been trying to put it off, but I guess it's time to suck it up and go in... The shooting/stabbing pain has gotten a lot worse lately, and the periods keep getting heavier (I am anemic, but was before this, which has contributed to the extremely heavy bleeding, I think. I never had heavy bleeding like this before, so I know it's not solely the anemia)

    I know googling is a no-no. lol. That's why I came here, because all you ever find that way is bad news...So I figured I'd ask if anyone had this happen to get a "real" possibility. :)

    momofcac, did they do anything for you?

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:32 PM on May. 1, 2011

  • This sounds like my typical period the past few years. I've had a tubal mentioned above but I use to take birth control pills to control the bleeding and cramps. I also need to go back to the doctor to refill the prescription, when we have the money to do so.

    Answer by SassySue123 at 1:10 PM on May. 1, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Health

Next question overall
What is your childs actual last day of school?