Birthday party

My daughter 1st birthday isn't till March, but I want to start planning it soon. I was just wondering what everyone did for there child's 1st birthday. It's a little harder in the winter time since it has to be inside so I need some games idea! Thanks!!

Trishy7

Asked by Trishy7 at 6:59 AM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Truthfully, 1 y/o's get overwhelmed really quick, so one or two activities would be fine. Maybe let them tear apart a pinata and have a nice round of Hokoey-Pokey. Then cake (I recommend cupcakes if you're inviting other kids), presents, and by the time that's done they're usually crashing from their sugar high, lol.
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 7:13 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I had my my daughters at our neighborhoods residency hall, we just decorated and had a blow up ball pit for the kids. After playing in that for an hour or so, eating and opening presents the kids were dropping like flies for their nap times lol
    collegemom1007

Answer by collegemom1007 at 7:24 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• At a year old the party is more for the adults than it is for the child. A couple presents, cake and ice cream is really more than enough for a baby that young.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 9:48 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Honestly, One year old birthday is for the parents more than the child! I did mine at my SIL N BIL house, i just did a sesame street them and got a pinata with sesame street on it, ordered pizza and had the cake done as sesame street, DD fell asleep after the cake so we had to open her gifts after she woke up! make sure when you plan it dont make the same mistake i did and plan it around nap times, try at least 2 hours before nap time or 1 hour after. And dont make the party and longer than 2 hours. But all in all it really does not matter what you do, you could just do something with the family and your little one really will not be aware of too much. they just like the cake and ripping off the paper to the gifts more than anything else!!
    virgosuperstar

Answer by virgosuperstar at 10:15 AM on Dec. 4, 2008