Can I Re-dye my hair?!?

I dyed my hair a medium dark brown with blond highlights 9 days ago and it didnt come out the way I expected it to. I was wondering if I could re-do it now to a similar shade without the highlights without damaging it too much. Currently my hair is thick and healthy. What would you do?

saysha100687

Asked by saysha100687 at 12:56 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Go to a professional or you could damage your hair.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 12:58 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I would redye it but I've dyed my hair since I was 12 and I know what it can handle. Do u have a good shampoo and conditioner?
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 12:58 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I would think so. The highlights might be a little lighter in that area, but it might look good. If you have doubts, you can always check in with a stylist. Most of them are pretty honest when it comes to questions like these.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:58 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Yes I use a deep conditioner everyday. And I have dyed my hair in short spaces before without problems the only thing I am worried about it the bleach
    saysha100687

Comment by saysha100687 (original poster) at 12:59 PM on May. 1, 2011

• You can re dye the blond highlights or your whole head. You should NOT have any problems as long as your hair is thick and healthy. Do however, wait a day or 2 till your hair is dirty and greasy so your scalp is protected and you will be just fine.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:02 PM on May. 1, 2011

• blond highlights as in bleached blond? What is you natural hair color? If you just wanna dye it now completly in one color I would say it probably fine if you hair is still healthy. But every hair is different what works me might not for you. Maybe to be absolouty sure test some of the dye on a peace of you blonde highlight.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 1:12 PM on May. 1, 2011

• What are you trying to fix? The actually one process you did or the highlights? If you used bleach for the highlights I wouldn't recommened going over the same spot with it. If you used a regular perm color for highlights then you are fine.
    MsViv

Answer by MsViv at 5:56 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I wouldn't re-dye~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 3:28 PM on May. 3, 2011

• I would go to a pro versus messing it up more I dyed my hair what I thought was a temporary purple once and it turned fushica after the fade and used hair color remover and that turned my hair white LOLLOL
    djavongirl

Answer by djavongirl at 11:10 AM on Jun. 14, 2011