Hope I don't sound too dumb but...

What the heck does it mean when people post a reply with "BUMP"? I'm sure its like a good thing but I haven't been able to figure out what its supposed to mean lol. Also, I easily figured out what DH, DS, and DD means just based on the conversations but what the heck do they actually stand for. As in, what exactly is the abreviation (sp) for??! HELP! haha :D

MommaGalindo

Asked by MommaGalindo at 1:00 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• On my other boards, BUMP is Bring Up My Post (brings it back up to the top of the active topics).
    EgoTryptophan

Answer by EgoTryptophan at 1:01 PM on May. 1, 2011

• DH- Dear Husband
    DD- Dear Daughter
    DS- Dear Son
    Bump is just bringing a post to the top.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 1:03 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Your NOT dumb!! You just dont know.. A Bump will put a post on top so more people have a chance to see it.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:03 PM on May. 1, 2011

• To comment with a BUMP, in many forums (not here) will bump the post to the top of the list again.

DH: Dear/Darling Husband
    DS: Dear/Darling Son
    DD: Dear/Darling Daughter
    DF: Dear/Darling Fiance (I think)

It all gets REAL confusing for me, I usually gloss over them or move on to another question that makes more sense.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:04 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Here is a link to ALL the MANY abbreviations they use on here.  What do DH, DD, LOL and PIOG mean?

vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:06 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I have a question too---I have looked and can't find the answer. I know that SO means Significant Other but what does s/o mean?
    Sorry MommaGalindo, not trying to hijack your post, just curious though
    sunrisekn

Answer by sunrisekn at 1:12 PM on May. 1, 2011

• WOW!!! Thanks SO MUCH Ladies!! VERY VERY HELPFUL :D
    MommaGalindo

Comment by MommaGalindo (original poster) at 1:13 PM on May. 1, 2011

• sunrisekn, s/o means spin off.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 1:33 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Duh!! Thank you soooo much. It was driving me crazy!
    sunrisekn

Answer by sunrisekn at 1:36 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Bumping in Q&A and groups is very different! In groups, putting bump in a reply will move it to the top for a moment. But in Q&A, putting bump in a reply is worthless - the question does not move, it does not mean anything. If you hit the bump button, it still won't move but may get a moment's spotlight as the most recently bumped (it will appear in a different color in the Q&A list), and if a question gets enough bumps it'll be shown in the "most bumped" list. But don't put bump in a reply to a question, it does nothing.
    Anonymous