If I started my period today when will I ovulate next?

DH and I are TTC baby #3, today I started my period (I think I haven't had one in 5 years thanks to IUD and breastfeeding!) Well if today is the first day of my period when should I ovulate next? I dont know how long my cycles usually are ect since I haven't had one in SOO long. Any advice would be great thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• U should ovulate on the fourth day off ur period n the week after that r ur most promising time when wanting to get pregnant
    claire121204

Answer by claire121204 at 1:16 PM on May. 1, 2011

• thanks!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:19 PM on May. 1, 2011

• 14 days before your next period begins, you may have to give yourself a month or 2 to figure out your cycle.
    luv.my.kids.365

Answer by luv.my.kids.365 at 1:30 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Roughly 2 weeks from today. If you start BD every other day once you're done with your period, you'll have a pretty fair shot. And if this month isn't your month, do the same thing after your next period - BD every other day.
    Anonymous

• I agree that knowing your cycle length will help. It is typically 14 days before your next period starts...hard to know without knowing your cycle lengths. For example, my cycles are 31 days long, so I ovulate around day 17.

I would buy an over the counter ovulation prediction kit and try. Maybe start baby dancing about 11 days from now and go for another week after that?

Most of all, follow your own hormones if you have a noticeable change. My appetite and sex drive both go crazy when I am ovulating...natures own trickery would get me pregnant every time, because if I followed that alone, I would be getting it on for the week surrounding my ovulation every month LOL
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 4:33 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Have you ever heard of Fertilityfriend.com? They have a chart that figures all this stuff out for ya :)
    MommyKKay

Answer by MommyKKay at 4:51 PM on May. 1, 2011

•  

Try to use this ovulation calendar tool http://www.ovulationcalendarsoftware.com/ to trace your cycle and find the date of ovulation.

aromatikas

Answer by aromatikas at 5:59 AM on May. 2, 2011

• my OBGYN who is also the ferility specialist in my area told me that women usually ovulate 14 days after first day of period and 14 days before you start your period so if your cycle is 28 days then you would ovulate on day 14 but eveyone is different so you may ovulate early or late...the best way to know when you ovulate is to use an ovulation predictor kit (OPK) I know with my daughter I ovulated on cycle day 11 but my husband and I have been TTC for a year now and I'm going to have to go on fertility medication but now I ovulate on cycle day 23...I hope this helps you a little bit :)
    krystyneh

Answer by krystyneh at 9:07 AM on May. 2, 2011