How can I get passed not being invited to my step daughter;s wedding today

troubled227

Asked by troubled227 at 1:06 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• Just find something else to do that day. If they dont want you there I imagine you wouldnt really want to go and feel unwanted?

Answer by gemgem at 1:07 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Sounds like there is a major difference in the type of relationship you thought the two of you had. Try to stay busy, plan something with a couple of friends, or spend the day shopping or doing some other activity that you enjoy.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:09 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I would maybe let things pass until after the wedding is over..if you thought the two of you had a better relationship than obviously you do then call her when things are over and ask her what happened and let her know that you wanted to attend...
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 1:11 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Is your Husband attending? If he's not then just spend the day together, maybe go out to dinner, go see a movie, just fill your time with things to do. If you have other children, then make it a day out with them, go on a walk, have a picnic.. etc.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:16 PM on May. 1, 2011

• It's a special day for her. Sometimes step moms are not included in those special days. Don't take it personally. It's not YOU that got left out but the role you have in her life. I agree to find something wonderful to do with your own children or friends. Make it a special day of your own

Answer by admckenzie at 2:26 PM on May. 1, 2011

• If you are not invited, then your DH should not go either. If she is old enough to be getting married, then she is old enough to be more mature about it and do the right thing and invite you too since you are married to her dad, you are her family too. I would NEVER EVER NEVER think of leaving my step-parents out of something like a wedding.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 9:26 PM on May. 1, 2011

• If either one of my step-kids invited my DH to something and didn't invite me, he would not go either. A few days before my step-daughter's graduation, she called to tell my DH about her graduation, details with time & date and everything, then she told him that me & our 2 children was not invited, only he was, she told him that we (my children & i ) was not her family, he was. My DH told her if she going to be like that, then he won't go either, and he didn't.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 9:30 PM on May. 1, 2011

• if hubby is going then i would be alittle upset..if he is not attending i would hang out with him the day..and if he was invited and me and the kids were not none of us would be going..but then again my step daughter is very diff im sure then yours and i have very good reason for this im not sure what your friendship is with yours..
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 10:31 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Ouch! I know that it is painful! Like the others said, if you thought your relationship was more than it is, I know you are disappointed. It really is rude to exclude you. She is probably protecting her mother. If your dh is planning on going, then I would go away for the day. If you live near the beach, go there with friends. Or maybe a day spa and get pampered! Try not to dwell on it, I know you're hurt, I hope she changes her mind.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 12:37 PM on May. 2, 2011