Yogi/Jellystone Campgrounds

Have any of you ever been to one of these parks and did you like it? We are thinking of taking a 4 and 6 year-old to one of the Texas locations and would love your thoughts! We will be staying in the cabins and our friends in an RV.

BaileysMom476

Asked by BaileysMom476 at 1:16 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Travel

• We have one down the road from us. They are nice. ( I live in plymouth Indiana) if you enjoy the camping thing. There's swimming in a pond or pools, they have boats, a mini golf course, playgrounds, and that's about it, they do some activities. If you enjoy camping, then they are fun, but I do suggest you plan a lot of other things outside the campgrounds...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:39 PM on May. 1, 2011

• We are in southern Michigan and probably went to the same one BabyBugs is talking about. It was nice. I don't like going for more than a night or two, but that is probably just my preference.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 4:26 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I would recommend going on a weekend. They have several events for children on Saturdays. All of the campgrounds are a little different, but you can see the events on most of the individual campground websites. We travel a lot and Jellystone is the best one for children.
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:40 PM on May. 2, 2011

• We are going this summer for 4 days but we plan on doing some things in nearby cities while we are there. Don't forget to register for the Yogi Rewards card.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:15 AM on May. 3, 2011

• I've never been to one (I'm not much into camping) but I have cousins with kids the same age as yours who just LOVE the Jellystone campgrounds. They go to them in Mississippi all the time. I know they've done both the RV and the cabins and seem to enjoy both experiences.
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 9:25 AM on May. 3, 2011

• We went to one for a long weekend when I was 10-12 ish and it was fun, it would be more fun for your kids age range though, but there are plenty of different age group and family activities.
    LoveBuggsMommie

Answer by LoveBuggsMommie at 3:10 PM on May. 3, 2011

• That sounds like fun - I bet you will have a blast!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:25 PM on May. 5, 2011

• Hmmm -- We were planning on 4 nights but maybe we should stay the other 2 somewhere else?
    BaileysMom476

Comment by BaileysMom476 (original poster) at 5:04 PM on May. 1, 2011