Dizzy

i am 17 wks today with my second pregnancy and i am havingsome dizzy spells, most of the time it is when i go to stand up,i know that the further along i get i know this problem would happen but i can not recall if i was having this problem with my 1st child so is anyone elso having this problem this early too?

bamamommy2009

Asked by bamamommy2009 at 1:45 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Pregnancy

• are u standing up to fast?
    PrissyT

Answer by PrissyT at 1:46 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Have you overexerted yourself? Take it easy, and stand up slower. Also, try not to stand up from laying, or from a low point. ( the floor)
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:48 PM on May. 1, 2011

• In the beginning part of pregnancy, your body is increasing it's circulation capacity. That, in kahoots with the pregnancy hormones, can cause dizziness and lightheadedness. Many women feel like this. Take it easy, stay hydated, and let you OB know about it when you see him/her next. If it gets really severe, call you OB.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 2:00 PM on May. 1, 2011

• With my middle pregnancy I had dizzy spells the WHOLE time. It was miserable to be honest with you. I lost my sight durning a spell when i was driving in my third trimester! They said everything was normal and "it just happens when your pregnant" BULL CRAP is what I thought because nurses who witnessed it said it was NOT normal but since by BP and blood sugar was normal they wrote it off as nothing. I basically stayed in the bed most of my pregnancy. I can't believe I did it again! LOL but this pregnancy has been great. Good luck I hope you can get to the bottom of it
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 3:49 PM on May. 1, 2011