How do you wash a stuffed animal?

I have a stuffed bear that needs to be washed... i feel like the washer/dryer would ruin him. Any suggestions?

Tarrar

Asked by Tarrar at 1:47 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Corn starch. Put some in a bag with the stuffed animal and shake like crazy. You'll then have to beat the tar out of the stuffed animal to get all the corn starch out, but it works........at least it works for me. :-)
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:50 PM on May. 1, 2011

• My washer has a hand wash or delicate cycle on it...does yours? If so I would do that. Thats how I always wash my kids stuffed animals.
    L0vingMy3Girls

Answer by L0vingMy3Girls at 2:00 PM on May. 1, 2011

• This is what I have always done and what my mother did. I put the stuffed animal in a pillow case, tie the end of the pillow case and I throw it in the washer on the most gentle cycle. Then, I either let it air dry or throw it in the dryer on low. I have never ruined a stuffed animal.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 2:01 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I wash my Dogs Stuffed Animals in the Washer & Dryer all of the time- They come out just like Brand New:)

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 2:04 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I put them in a white pillow case and put them in the washer on the gentle cycle.
    ZBandMom

Answer by ZBandMom at 2:29 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I put them in the washer on gentle

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 2:33 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Thank you ladies, I will give it a try. It is my beloved Mr. Bear... I hope he does not get ruined!!!!
    Tarrar

Comment by Tarrar (original poster) at 3:21 PM on May. 1, 2011

• You can put him in on a gentle cycle (like handwash) and have him inside of a pillow case to ease the bumps he will get inside the washer and dryer (dont want to scuff his nose and eyes) and be sure to use a soap that is mild like dreft or something for babies, something free and clear.
    Eko

Answer by Eko at 6:05 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Depending on the construction, Mr. Bear may go through the wash cycle just fine.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:47 PM on May. 2, 2011

• throw in the washer.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:58 AM on May. 3, 2011