Do you believe that....

The Holocaust really happened? Or do you believe that it was made up and some sort of myth that should be forgotten? What are your thoughts on this topic overall?

Do you think that the US (Obama) is headed towards this happening here on our own soil? 

A conversation spurred this question...

amazinggrace83

Asked by amazinggrace83 at 1:48 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• My grandmother survived Auschwitz I cried when she explained where she got the tattoo on her arm. I was only 8-9 years old and couldn't believe how cruel people can be. When her family was forced out of their home at gun point and forced to live in the ghettos she never thought what happened in the concentration camps was possible.

She lost her entire family. She was pregnant with her 4th child when she was sent to Auschwitz the baby was taken the second after it was born she never knew the sex and never saw the child again. She was told later by a very cruel guard her baby was given brain surgery without anesthetic. We don't know if that is true but the odds are it was. She found her parents and her 4 year old in a pile of bodies she was forced to toss into a huge pit of fire.

What she went though could happen again when people have the attitude if it doesn't affect me who cares.

chaiteamomma

Answer by chaiteamomma at 3:08 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Of course it happened. If you arent sure ask some of the survivors if any are alive or their relatives. There is plenty of evidence that proves it happened. It was horrible what happened and yes I think something like that can happen again and will if we do not learn from it. Denying it happened doesnt have us learn from it at all.
    Do I think it can happen under Obama? I think it could happen under any world leader if the circumstances were right. The difference is I do believe we would stop it again before it got near as bad as it did back then.

Answer by gemgem at 1:54 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Chait, that is so sad.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:12 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Of course the Holocaust happened and it could easily happen again. The US has already had our own holocaust of sorts when we almost exterminated the Native Americans.

Chait, thank you for sharing your story. If we don't make an effort to remember we will forget and forgetting makes it easier for it to happen again.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 4:21 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I believe that it happened. My thoughts are that it is horrific what was done and should not be something that is just swept under the rug because of how shameful it is.

I do not believe there is any way this will ever happen on US soil......ever.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:51 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Who do you think will be victims of an American holocaust?

Yes I believe it happened. And the US has already had internment camps in its history. Big difference IMO between that and a concentration camp, but still the same idea - rounding people up based on their ethnicity.

I have trouble respecting anyone who denies the Holocaust happened.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:56 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Thats silly. If you are in doubt come to the south and just about everyone is armed. They would die before being placed in any type of camp.

Answer by gemgem at 2:03 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Some people believe that Obama will (if elected again) turn our nation into a Muslim nation,
    ________________________________
    lol. then why hasn't he already done it?
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 2:29 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Yes, the Holocaust happened

No, it's not going to happen here.

I am worried about our fragile economy, the lack of viable jobs and the widening disparity between the mega- wealthy and everyone else-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 5:16 PM on May. 1, 2011

• What is to stop obama or any one in charge from doing a Holocaust right here on our own soil??? It has happened once and it can happen again. Accomplishing this by means of a False flag attack which will have the people welcome in Marshal Law for their so called "security". Wonder why they spent all of those billions of tax payers dollars on FEMA CAMPS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joVHU9n5eYA&feature=youtu.be

Answer by mrssundin an
    ******************
    LOL. False Flag and the Denver Airport conspiracy---BOTH on You Tube, the center for nutcase propaganda. Grrrrrreat.
    ......sigh...........
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 6:35 PM on May. 1, 2011