Vent Vent vent

SO Thursday night i asked my husband nicely if i can check on our rummage sale by a neighbor and see how things are doing. He says u are leaving me with the monsters (our sons). I told him look i have them 8hrs a day by myself, plus i even take care of them when your home. The least i can do is go for an hr, and get me time. I went and he said our 7month old son was screaming most of the time, and all he did is throw him in his room, and brought him down just before i got home and gave him crackers. I come home to crackers on the floor, the exosaucer, our 3 year olds food on the table and some on the floor. I said u can't clean up just a little. I am sick and have no energy.
Then on friday i had to meet another mom at the elementry school to give her a bin of my baby clothes for her rummage sale. Again he says ur leaving me alone with the boys. I said it is just 15-20mins.
On saturday i went with my mom, and did a lot of running around. Even to go meet him for lunch with the boys. and then my 7month old became extreamly crabby and at midnight had a bad cough. also i asked my husband in the mist of me feeding our 7month old if he can run to the gas station or the store if the store is open in town and get me some sore throat medicine, Didn't care what it was as long is it said sore throat. he complained, and mangaes to go, comes back with nothing. he says the store is closed and the gas station had nothing. After i was done feeding the baby i ran to the first gas station and here they had something for sore throats. I come home and showed him. He says oh u found some.
Today my 7month old still had the cough, my throat and ear was sore. So i said lets go to the Walk in clinic and get me and the baby looked at. As i was showering to get ready i hear him saying shut up, be quite. I listen closely and find him saying it to our baby who is not feeling well and just trying to tell us that. We go to the dr, strep was negative no ear infection for me. Baby just sever teething which is causing the cough.
Can't he do anything for me and take care of his own kids too.

2boysyahoo.com

Asked by 2boysyahoo.com at 1:49 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Relationships

• He should try imaging doing it all by himself if you are not around anymore to do the work.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:51 PM on May. 1, 2011

• That's a big red flag! I wouldn't leave my kids alone with that man again. I'd be so worried he'd get so fed up and beat my child to death
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 2:28 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I think that some men don't relate well to little children but things will change once they start walking and talking. I think he refers to them as little monsters because he is unsuccessful comforting them since they respond more to your ministrations. My breast-fed baby cried and screamed unless I was holding her - nobody else would do. My husband hated being left alone with her since she refused to take a bottle or pacifier and she wasn't used to him. This changed as she grew older. Yet our first daughter whom I also breast-fed was not like this at all and was willing to take a pacifier and substitute bottle. As far as finding the cough medicine, my husband can seldom find things that are right before his nose. Your husband made the effort and went driving out into the night to get the medicine, so it's a weakness of his. In future, maybe keep this in mind. I think he's trying and that should count.
    flightless

Answer by flightless at 3:08 PM on May. 1, 2011