Presents for almost 4 year olds!!!

I need ideas for Christmas presnts. My boys are 3 1/2 and don't really play with anything. The ride bikes and watch TV....that is about it. What are you getting your 3 1/2 year olds for Christmas?

thethings

Asked by thethings at 8:16 AM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Books and learning toys are always good.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:23 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I got Lizzy the fisher price portable dvd player so that when we go places she has one and then some movies to go with it.
    CREKELLY

Answer by CREKELLY at 8:37 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I have gotten my 3 1/2 year old a race track and thomas the train (traintrack). My mother actually got him a Leapster handheld game system. She also bought my 5 1/2 year old a Leapster 2. My youngest may be a little young, but he already knows how to operate a big computer so who knows.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 8:38 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• My nephew will be getting an Imaginext Pirate ship. books, pc games, art supplies, Knex, some Hot Wheel cars, and a few puzzles.

He may be getting one dvd, but we don't do much tv, so I'm not even sure his mom will be getting that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Books, books, books. Get them books about bikes, dump trucks,whatever but dude, read to your kids and get them loving books early!

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 9:07 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• i got my soon to be six year old some cars and race tracks he is into that stuff and my dad got him moon sand and the elefun game
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 9:27 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• last Christmas, i got my then 3 and 1/2 yr old a v-smile and he loves it still! this year, i'm getting him a new game for it.
    bestmommyeber

Answer by bestmommyeber at 2:11 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• My dad is making my daughter a wooden easle.. and my SO's mom is making her a toy chest with play dress up clothes.. You can do the same with boys with play swords and cowboy clothes etc. I'm really into making homemade gifts this year since our budget isn't as big as it was last year.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 2:29 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Ok I don't want to lecture you, but I am hoping you're working on expanding the scope of your sons interest to include more than TV and riding bikes. Get art projects for them that would fun for boys (washable finger paints, make monster puppets, if they like bikes make bike projects and talk about how bikes work). If they like being outdoors get something else to do outside like a sand box or a sand and water table. At least there is an educational element to those things. The imaginext (mentioned by another mom on here) are tons of fun and it might get them interested in dinosaurs and other prehistoric creatures (my daughter is 3 1/2 and is a total tomboy and loves them!).
    mommee_b

Answer by mommee_b at 8:45 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• My son will be 4 in Feb but he's actually pretty easy to shop for. He loves anything to do with cars, trucks, motorcycles. We're getting a VMotion system and a couple of games for Xmas this year. I also got him a bunch of books, PlayDoh, some other craft stuff. I just started doing some simple crafts with him and he loves it, especially when he can show off his stuff. I'm probably also going to get him a few more things to go with his GeoTrax set he got last year (that was a huge hit!).
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 11:29 PM on Dec. 4, 2008