Help! Am I going insane? Does anyone feel like this?

Okay so I have this strongest urge to get pregnant and have a baby. I am engaged and have my own house and the works. I have already been pregnant but it ended in miscarriage. And since that miscarriage the longing has gotten worse, I would be 35 weeks today if I didnt have that miscarriage! The other night I had this dream that was SO real. It was so amazing. I had a baby and I was laying down skin to skin with him. The bond was just something I cannot explain. And I started to breastfeed him and OH MY GOSH. It was undescribable! So basically Im in love with a baby that doesnt exist. It made my want even more and I thought I couldnt want one this bad. I look forward to going through childbirth and getting up in the middle of the night to feed him/her. People tell me I am insane and need help. They dont feel what I feel. Once that urge starts it never stops until you actually have one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on Dec. 4, 2008 in Pregnancy

• First of all, I'm sorry for your loss. I did(and kinda still do feel the same). It started also, when lost a baby(I had an ectopic pregnancy) It took almost a year to get prego with my first and that made it even worse, I REALLY wanted a baby sooooo bad! I'd have dreams about babies and giving birth and they'd make me sooo happy. Well, now I have a 22mo and a 4mo old baby and I already am thinking about #3! So in my case, it never really stopped!
    Anyway, I don't think you're crazy, it happens to a lot of women. If you guys are ready for a baby, I'd say go for it! Best of luck!
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 8:44 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Only you know if you're ready. We have a biological maternal instinct and it sounds like yours is in full swing. I'd say if you're in a steady relationship with a partner that wants to have a baby with you then go for it.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 9:45 AM on Dec. 4, 2008

• Like munch said only you know if you are ready but don't rush it. I got married july '06 and prego in may '07 I was like you but worse ( and I had never been preggo) I would throw the remote at the tv if I saw to many "baby" commercials, and cry when I saw preggo people. So my husband gave in and I got pregnant and when she was 6 weeks old we seperated and are getting divorced so just jump into it carfully and make sure you have his full support!!! Good Luck!
    ladybugsmommy08

Answer by ladybugsmommy08 at 5:41 PM on Dec. 4, 2008

• I'm sorry to hear about your loss. I've suffered a miscarriage before, and it's devastating. I'm glad to hear you're willing to try again.
    My hubby and I decided to start trying while we were still engaged. I was 13 weeks pregnant at our wedding. Only regret I have is that my hubby lost his job the day he went back to work after the honeymoon (but he has an even better job now). I wish we'd had more money while I was pregnant, but luckily, I have generous inlaws who took care of getting us everything we needed. If you're ready, and your fiance is ready, then go for it! It's hard to say when we're really "ready." There's always a reason to put it off. Just make sure you guys are secure the best you can before you do this.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:13 AM on Dec. 5, 2008