Does anyone else still sleep with a teddy bear? (Seriously, no bashing please!)

I am going to be 25 this year, and I sleep with a teddy bear. He isn't my childhood bear or anything, and I only started sleeping with him maybe 5 years ago. I don't really remember why. Is this odd? I prop him up under my chin and wrap my arms around him while I sleep. I think I do it, because it is comfortable for my arms. If I don't have him to sleep with, I don't know what to do with my arms. I have tried using like a pillow, but its just not the same!! My bf HATES Mr. Bear, and always tries to hide him from me (Yes, my bear has a name!). I feel silly, and don't want to sleep with him forever...but he is just so comforting! Anybody else (adults) out there sleep with stuffed animals? Or am I the only one?

Tarrar

Asked by Tarrar at 2:26 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Home & Garden

• yup and I'm twice your age

Answer by admckenzie at 2:26 PM on May. 1, 2011

• sometimes...it is a stewie griffin teddy bear
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 2:27 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I'm 36 and I have a special blankie I sleep with every night.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 2:28 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Yes actually. I have a Winnie the Pooh. It is not the same one as I had as a child, my mom has that one, but its basically the same. Sometimes I dont get to sleep with him though. My granddaughter loves to steal him when she sleeps over.

Answer by gemgem at 2:28 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I have a blue bear that I bought 30 years ago from the money I won in a"Draw Your Teacher" contest in 2nd grade. Named him Jayson after my then crush...Jason Robertson...he was so cute back then! LOL Anyway, he is usually on the headboard of our bed and I'll occasionally pull him down if I want to peeve DH. He hates it when I sleep with Jayson.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 2:29 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Omg I think that's so adorable that you do this,if it was me and my husband saw me do that he would think I'm weird.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 2:30 PM on May. 1, 2011

• You are too funny!! lol And yes, I do too and I am 40! ;-) This started a few years back when my dh and I stopped sleeping together because of our marital issues. I needed something to hold on to. Sad, isn't it?!! lol But I don't like sleeping "alone" and I certainly don't want to sleep with a real animal. lol Our dog is rather large (100 lbs) and isn't allowed in the bedrooms. So it is just me with my two teddies!!! hahaha Until I get a divorce and a new man in my life who actually wants to sleep with me.
    partygal19dani

Answer by partygal19dani at 2:30 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I DO!!! i am 24 and when hubby isnt around or i am really upset i sleep with the first teddy he ever bought me.
    Ronnies_Girl

Answer by Ronnies_Girl at 2:31 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I sleep with a big Pooh bear my hubby gave me... I like how it feels close to my chest.. like a secure feeling. It also keeps my arm from falling asleep too!! If it works for you who cares what people think!! ;o)

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 2:32 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I sleep with Winnie the Pooh my son bought him for me when we went to Disney World and I sleep with him almost every night!
    TJones32

Answer by TJones32 at 2:41 PM on May. 1, 2011