How to text with fake nails.

So I just got my nails done friday and i can't do anything with them! They're short, about 1/4 inch but i'm not used to having nails because i bite mine. I can type on the laptop but I'm having trouble using the touch screens on my ipod and on my phone. My phone has a regular keyboard(not touch screen) and I can barely do that either. Any moms have tips on doing daily activities with fake nails?

TiffanieK

Asked by TiffanieK at 2:29 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• eye rolling

Anonymous

• You have to get use to them it takes a while to get good at doing things.

Answer by older at 2:31 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I'm handicapped when it comes to fake nails. I also don't have any sense of balance so I'm just ditzy that way
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 2:31 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Hehehe......my life is so relaxed and easy....I never get my nails done(I do them myself....just file them) and I don't TEXT!  WooHoo!  That's the way to live!smileSaves money too....for more important things!

minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 2:40 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I guess you have to use you touchscreen with the side of you finger.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 2:41 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Next to impossible with a touch screen phone! Other than that...it just takes some getting used to. I always get mine pretty short (I can't have them anymore because I work in health care), when I would get them long it just looked weird cause of my already long fingers. Getting them shorter looks clean, gives you the thickness you want and isn't as immobilizing lol. Good luck!
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 2:44 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I do not have fake nails, but I do a nice, manicured real nails, and I just use the side of my finger and touch the #s with a rolling motion.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:48 PM on May. 1, 2011

• takes some time to get used to..but you'll get it..lol
    gracelessstar21

Answer by gracelessstar21 at 9:43 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I have fake nails and have no problem texting but when I got them back on I did have a problem because I wasnt' using to texting with them but after texting so many times I got use to them.

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 2:54 PM on May. 2, 2011

• GL with that - fakey ones drive me crazy (on me).
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 3:27 PM on May. 3, 2011