Hooters girls.

I just had an interview with hooters and they said they would call, i'm not sure if that's a no or yes but I was wondering how much they averaged on tips. I would be working in the columbia area. Does anyone know how well they do on tips either through experience or through knowing someone who works there or has worked there?

TiffanieK

Asked by TiffanieK at 2:35 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Money & Work

• dont know about hooters specifically and your area. but have heard from waitresses and thast not the ones in the short shorts and tank tops, that they bring a good $100 per shift.
    But having said that I dont think its a good sign when they say we call you.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 2:38 PM on May. 1, 2011

• – collapse
    lucrative career choice i see. weren't you a stripper/ dancer sometime ago ?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on May. 1, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• My best friend was a hooters girl, and I worked as one for about 2 weeks when I was 18. I brought in about 80-150 dollars a night, depending on what night it was. My best friend brought in about the same.
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 2:41 PM on May. 1, 2011

• the average is about 5 dollars a table and you usually have 5 tables per shift and average an hour to eat for each table, so in a 5 hour shift that would be $5x 5 tables x 5 hours which would = $125 a night in tips
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 4:02 PM on May. 1, 2011

• i really like how you put the math into that. lol. thanks.
    TiffanieK

Comment by TiffanieK (original poster) at 7:56 PM on May. 1, 2011

• welcome. and remember there are always going to be variables such as more hours, a quick table, having more tables, heavy tippers...lets just say even on a bad night you have the potential to make some very good money
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 8:40 PM on May. 1, 2011

• thanks! i really hope i get the job. he said something about finding out when the next orientation is and getting back to me so hopefully, that's a good sign.
    TiffanieK

Comment by TiffanieK (original poster) at 8:44 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I don't work at hooters but as a waitress I can tell you your tips will depend half on how much the bill is and half on how well you connect with your table. so if a guy comes in by himself and orders 10$ of food even is you get on really well you most likely wont make as much as you would from a 40$ order were you were just so so in your service. Hooters is a job were a little flirting can go a loooong way in how much you make.
    Savannah.partyg

Answer by Savannah.partyg at 1:14 AM on Sep. 18, 2011