Bad idea or not

I was trying to figure out what I could make for dinner tonight and found and thawed out some boneless skinless chicken breasts,and some jumbo shrimp. I added some canned pineapple mango fruit concoction,and some black beans and some marinade stuff and threw it all in the crockpot. It smells really good but my husband made a comment that "it's a weird combination, =[ now I feel like maybe it won't taste good. I was gonna serve it with rice and some green beans or peas I don't have anything else. Was that a stupid combo?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Well, chicken and shrimp together does seem a little strange, but I'm sure it will turn out wonderfully. Go with it and let us know! :-)
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 2:42 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Sounds sort of like a spin on sweet and sour chicken, or chicken mandarin. Not sure about the mango's though :) Let me know how it comes out
    pinwheel

Answer by pinwheel at 2:43 PM on May. 1, 2011

• will do
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:45 PM on May. 1, 2011

• well eyah chicken and shrip with pineapple and black beans sound kids stange but maybe it teast good, who knows. I would try and serve it with rice. See how its turnes out once its done.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 2:52 PM on May. 1, 2011

• hmm maybe I will take the shrimp out then and leave the rest
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:53 PM on May. 1, 2011

• it all sounds good to me but im not sure about the shrimp. Shrimp doesnt take long to cook at all so u should have probally added that the last 10 min of cooking. if u cook shrimp to long they are rubbery. let me know if it worked
    martinsmom2008

Answer by martinsmom2008 at 2:54 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Sounds good to me!
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 3:16 PM on May. 1, 2011

• yeah i would take the shrimp out and put them in in the end or serve them seperate
    martinsmom2008

Answer by martinsmom2008 at 3:52 PM on May. 1, 2011

• I see nothing wrong with it but I thought shrimp would get tough in a crock pot? That would be my only worry, I would have left them out, cooked them close to the end of the other cooking time, then thrown them in shortly before serving.
    Anonymous