Using Express Care as Regular Doctor?

We live in an area where it seems doctors are always leaving. By the time DD was 4, she was on her 3rd pediatrician and my doctor has recently left the area, so I'm without now. I really just don't feel like getting all used to another doctor for me and then have him moving away in another few years. I'm sure I'll get over that feeling eventually and find another doctor, but in the meantime...

Can you use Express Care/Stat Care/Urgent Care as you would your regular doctor?

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 2:40 PM on May. 1, 2011 in Health

• I don't think so. Im pretty sure they only handle things that are semi-emergencies. I don't think they will do things like a yearly physical or your yearly woman check up...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 2:53 PM on May. 1, 2011

• Not a good idea since the Express Care docs won't do regular check ups and things. I would look for a doc who has been in your area a while so they are less likely to move and build a relationship with them. Good luck (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:12 PM on May. 1, 2011